Proof

Germany rubbed his face with the towel given to him by Austria. He was soaking wet, it had been raining pretty heavily.

Liechtenstein had basically been begged by Switzerland and Austria to go change her dress before she got a cold. And after awhile of that, she actually went, but not before making it clear that she wanted to sit next to Germany for dinner.

Ludwig looked around the living room, it was a bit foreign but yet so familiar.

"You should sit down," Switzerland spoke, from the kitchen. He had cleaned himself up already, which was what Austria was doing right now.

Ludwig was still standing up, he looked at the extremely nice couches he knew Austria had picked out. He didn't want to ruin them, especially on his first day back. "I wouldn't want to mess them up," He shook his head.

"Oh," Switzerland said, dropping the spoon he was using to scope Bismarck stew into a large bowl for everyone that would be divided during dinner.

Vash put the bowl down on the counter and motioned for his brother to follow him upstairs. Germany hesitantly nodded and followed.

The two silently walked up into the hallway.

Ludwig didn't know why, but right now he just felt so nervous. Nervous around his brothers, nervous just to be here.

The only thing he was comfortable with, that he knew wouldn't judge him here was his sister.

His brothers, he cared for them. But they were older and knew more, it would take much more to convince them he was changed for good.

Damn, it was like he was a stranger in his own house.

"Here," Vash said, motioning to Germany's old room and Ludwig jumped at how quick they got there.

Wait, was this room his old room or was it now, his current room?

He didn't know.

"We didn't," Switzerland shuffled around with his words, "We didn't move your clothes or anything so.... you can go ahead and change."

He nodded, "Danke."

His brother only nodded and turned to start heading down the stairs.

Germany felt his heart clench, that interaction just felt... so..... so... artificial.... so fake. He just wanted his family back.... and that included his brothers.

He would prove to them, he would prove to them all that he changed.

And that this would never ever happen ever again.

Ludwig slowly walked into the room and stopped.

It certainly had been awhile since he was here.

He looked around.

Thankfully all the Nazis and Hitler posters had been taken down.

His room had been painted a nice dark blue. His bed made up, dresser and drawers all wooden brown to accommodate the room's color.
His desk was tucked in the corner facing a wall, with a book case shelf over it. Many books had been removed.

He was glad.

They were all just propaganda anyway.

Germany liked this.

Everything was plain and simple.

Just like his new start to life.

He opened a drawer and looked inside. His military clothes weren't there.

Good. He didn't want them anyway.

Germany searched the drawers for business casual clothes and found a dress shirt and pants. Some might say he was being too formal and maybe that was true.

But he was trying to leave a great impression on his family.

Germany changed his clothes. Taking his time, trying to sooth his nerves. He was just so anxious.

This was his family though, he shouldn't be.

Once ready. He went inside his connected bathroom and combed his hair, straighten his clothes and tried to head for the door.

But went to the bed instead and sat.

Calm down. Just calm down. They're your siblings.

That was true. But he knew his brothers still needed to adjust to him being around.

Liechtenstein seemed like this was the moment she had been waiting for her whole life.

Speaking of Liechtenstein.... He hoped Switzerland put her roses in a vase.

Come on. He could do this. He could do this.

And if he couldn't do it for himself. He had to for his sister.

The poor girl.

Germany closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

For his sister, for Liechtenstein, he would do this. No matter how uncomfortable and nervous he felt right now.

Ludwig got up and headed out into the hallway and to the stairs.

He heard a door close and looked to see Liechtenstein in a new forest green dress coming out of her room.

She only wore that for special occasions.

This was a special occasion to her.

And that warmed his heart a bit.

The two made eye contact and she smiled at her brother.

Getting a warm smile back from him.

And he waited as she walked towards him and took her gently, leading her down the stairs.

"Thank you for the roses." She said softly.

"Of course." He smiled back. Nothing could ever be gifted to his sister to make up for his betrayal and all the years and tears. But he just wanted to get something nice for her. He wanted to spend more time with his baby sister and just make up and spoil her... It had been years after all.

"Are you staying the night?" Liechtenstein asked hopefully, looking at him with wide eyes.

He sighed. He didn't want to give his sister more heartbreak after all she'd been through. But he didn't want to lie to her.

"We'll see." He said softly.

Almost sadly.

The two walked to the dining room and Germany helped his sister to a chair. Pushing it in for her when she sat.

He knew she wanted to sit next to him but was about to move to a further seat. It was like he didn't want to have his past toxicity and demons come around her.

However a hopeful gaze from her had him sitting down in the seat besides her.

He could this. He could do this.

Austria walked in with a plate of rolls and smiled at Liechtenstein but nodded at Germany.

But it was a softer look than before.

That kinda started to sooth his nerves.

Maybe he could actually do this.

Vash came in and looked at Germany sitting with their sister.

The look.... his brother gave him...

Switzerland than looked at Austria... He as quietly discussing something.

Ludwig took a breath. He could do this. He could do this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX