Welcome to North America

Germany woke up to knocking at his door. He tumbled out of bed and opened it.

Maria.

"Uh, Maria. Good morning, is there anything I can help you with?" He said tiredly.

Maria smiled brightly at him to try and cheer him up.

He looked so sad and tired lately.

But hey, makes sense. He just lost a war and his family was torn apart.

"Buenos dias Germany!! Sorry that I had to wake you so early."

Germany checked the clock in his room. It was 4:32.

"But we're about to land in about an hour and 48 minutes so get ready," Maria continued.

"Okay.... thank you," He nodded and closed the door.

Once he was alone, Germany sighed and collasped onto the bed. Memories of the past few days came over him. 

And he didn't resist the urge to cry.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maria frowned as the door closed. She felt bad for Germany.

Yeah, he looked so empty....... so- so broken.

So depressing.

"Mexi, did you wake him?"

She turned around to see her eldest brother, "Yeah....... Mattie.... can I ask you something?"

Canada noticed the tone in her voice and nodded, "Of course Mar, what's is it baby sis?"

Maria tried to find the right way to phrase her words, "Well... how?..... What...." Damn this was tough.

She just had to spit out. Here goes.

"What would you and Alfie have done if D and I were in Germany's situation?"

Canada just stared at her.

Well, it wasn't like it was an easy question to ask.

Her brother finally came out of his shock, "Thankfully, you guys aren't in his situation."

"And if we were?"

Canada didn't even want to think about that. But he walked up to Maria and looked her straight in the eye, "We would have taken the fall."

"Damn right we would have," They both recognized America's voice as their brother stepped out of his room already dressed.

"Just like Prussia?" Another voice asked.

Diego sleepily stumbled out of his room and looked at his siblings.

America nodded. Man, this wasn't an easy thing to talk about. But ever since the trial, Alfred knew the same question circled in his siblings' minds.

What would they have done in that situation?

Heck, he even knew his cousins couldn't help but think that.

But honestly, it scared them. All of them. The fact that they were so close.

So, so close.

To the fate the Germanics had gotten. To their family being separted. To having to deal with that pain.

"Yeah D," Alfred finally answered, "Just like Prussia. It's our job to take care of you two and we'd do anything for you guys." He said.

After their mother and Native America siblings had faded away. It was only the four of them and South America. Their cousins had sometimes visited and would take care of them when they did. But when you don't include that.