Malta

'The past should be the past. It can destroy the future. Live life for what tomorrow has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away'  

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany sighed as he looked around Malta. He shook his head, the Axis had bombed this place so many times.

He tried to focus on the path but it was so hard not to look around of what was left of Malta. 

After a terribly long walk (10 minutes) he finally reached the house. It looked a bit broken down. 

He walked in through the gate and knocked on the door.

It opened...Greece?

"Greece, what are you doing here?" Germany asked a bit shocked.

Greece carefully leaned against the door, "I'm pretty close with Malta, both as countries and personally. I can't stand seeing her like this... because of you," He simply said as Germany winced.

"So to hopefully cheer her up a bit, I want you to help fix up the house. Malta's always out trying to help clean up the country," He sighed, "Not even taking care of herself first... She' s in bed now. I want you to help fix up the house, outside. I'm gonna go help with the clean up process but I'll be back to check up on you soon." He stepped down the stairs and started to walk off the property. "Please do a good job, Germany. She doesn't know you're here." He walked out of sight.

Germany nodded, he was gonna make sure he did this nicely.

He started to wonder, did Netherlands and his siblings like what he did? 

Germany looked around, the house had bricks falling out, paint was falling off a bit, there were branches everywhere.

Yeah, let's get to work.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany started to pick up the branches that were scattered all around the house. Man, this place was a mess. 

He did this.......

As soon as all the branches were gone, he headed back to the front of the house, where a ladder was. 

He was gonna fix up the bricks.

Germany climbed up the ladder and started trying organize the bricks. Sometimes there were missing bricks so he had to climb down the ladder and climb back up with some. And make sure they would stick. If not, he had to take up some cement.

This was taking awhile. 

But he was determined to do this right and make Malta happy.

Hopefully, he could leave before she woke up. He knew for a fact that she didn't want to see him. 

But from the sound of it, she was gonna be asleep for awhile. Apparently, she was always out trying to get her country back on it's feet. So to him, it sounded like she would be sleeping for awhile.

Hmmmm...... He was getting an idea.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany stepped inside the house, he was all done with the outside work.  Maybe there was something he could do inside?

He looked around Malta's house, it was larger on the inside. It looked very nice but had certain depressing feeling to it.

Well, it was gloomy outside.

No lights were on at all. It was so freaking dark.

He turned on a light. It flickered a lot before finally turning on. He walked over to the sink and turned the handle. The water pressure was so so low.

Germany sneezed and some dust went flying.

Damn, this place was in horrible shape.

He went to open the fridge and gasped, there was hardly any food. He went to the pantry and noticed that there was more food in there but still not much.

Damn..

Germany took grabbed the broom and started sweeping up the place. When he finished, he grabbed a duster and started dusting everywhere. 

Looks a bit better.

He set the things down and took one last look around the house before thinking of something and heading out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Malta ran downstairs just as Greece walked back in the house.

"Greece!!" She tackled him into a hug, "Thank you so much!!!" She cried.

Greece had been staring at something but jumped and looked at her when she hugged him, "For what?"

Did she not see what was on the table?

Malta had tears in her eyes, "Like you don't know!!!" She smiled and turned to flick on a light switch next to them.

The light turned on without a problem.

She jumped and squealed at that, "Thank you!!! And you fixed the water pressure!!!!"

She smiled and looked at the kitchen, where the light was on. 

And that's when she noticed it.

A few tears started to fall as she looked at Greece, "Thank you so much," She cried as she hugged him.

The table was full of food. There were two cakes, pastries, fresh fruits, orange juice, apple juice, scrambled eggs, bacon, toasted bread, chicken, minestra, and her national dish:

Stuffat tal-fenek.

She looked at her friend, "How did you do all this?" She started to walk to the fridge, "I barely have much foo-" She opened the fridge and stared.

It was full.

Greece walked over and looked just as shocked as her. He had planned on going shopping later in the week.. Both, him and Malta were focusing on helping her citizens at the moment.

She walked to the pantry and opened it.

It was full too.

She smiled and looked at Greece, "I really don't know how to thank you for this. Just... thank you so much..."

Greece was still in shock.  

Malta went to sit at the table, she looked at Greece to come and join her.

He sat down across from her. 

 As they started to eat, Greece couldn't help but stare at Malta. She was smiling so much and just looked so happy.

He smiled, well, he had told Germany to do a good job.

And he had exceeded that.

"Thank you Germany," He said under his breath.

"What did you say?" Malta asked.

"Oh nothing," He said, "These pastries are really good," He took a bite of one.

She nodded and laughed, "These taste homemade, you did a really good job. Stop acting like you didn't do anything."

He really didn't do anything, but he was glad Germany did.

And you know, if you looked outside. You would notice that the Sun was shining.

With no grey cloud in the sky.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX