Chapter 21

Desire

I woke up with a nurse checking my vitals.

"Where is my baby!?"

"He is fine sweetie. Soon as the doctor says its ok you can go see him. He is so gorgeous and chubby." the nurse said.

I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. I started to remember everything that lead up to me coming here.

"Is my family here? Can you get my brother Shad and my sister's Shakeya and Lexi?"

The nurse said sure and left the room.

A few minutes later all three of them came walking in.

"What happened to your face?" I asked Shad.

"I got into a fight wit that nigga Aubrey. This shit is crazy Des." he said.

I had a feeling he was gonna go at it wit Aubrey.

"How do you feel?" Lexi asked.

I had to think about that for a minute.

"My body feels like I been hit by a bus. My heart is broken. I can't believe she is pregnant. You know he has cheated before, but I was the only one that had his children."

The tears began to fall. They all crowded around me. Why would he do this to us again?

"I can take care of her and him Des." Shakeya said drying her eyes.

"Key it's not her fault. When she was talking to me I saw me. The woman that is shocked and devastated to find out about the other woman. He has been paying her rent. He has been paying her bills. Shit she was with him before I was. So if anything I am the other woman."

"Wow." they all said.

"He has been lying to her and me. Sad thing is OB knew. He knew that Aubrey was with this girl and he never told me."

I saw the look on Shakeya's face that bothered her.

The nurse came in with my son. "Mommy you have another visitor."

I cried again. He looked just like Aubrey. I wasn't ready to talk to him. I was just thankful my son was alive.