Chapter 25

Sandy

I was on my way to Shakeya's house to see my grandkids with Aubrey in tow. I tried to tell him now is not the time, but my son never listens.

"Mom I just want my family back. I need to talk to Desire cause it's been weeks." he said.

I loved my son with all my heart. I just never understood why he needed to sleep with so many women.

I know that he loves Desire cause he chose to have children with her.

"Listen son if she chooses not to talk to you right now don't start no mess." I said to him as we pulled in the driveway.

I got all the balloons and gifts out of the car for my grandson.

Shakeya let me in. She gave me a hug and a kiss. When she sucked her teeth I knew it was because of Aubrey.

Desire was holding him when I walked in the living room.

"Awwww let me see that handsome young man." I said taking him from Desire.

We heard little feet running when Dasani and Imani came up hugging my legs.

When they saw their dad they went crazy.

"Daddy! Daddy!" they both yelled making the baby jump.

"Ssssshhh. Don't yell cause you scare your brother." he said picking them up kissing them.

"He looks just like you when you were a baby Aubs."

I looked at Desire and then at Aubrey and the girls. They were such a beautiful family.

"That's it! Shakeya here take the baby. Girls go with your Auntie. I need to talk with Aubrey and Desire."

Shakeya and Carlos gathered the kids.

"Sit down both of you so we can deal with this right now. I am tired of all the junk. So let's air it out now."

We were going to get some closure today.