Chapter 31

Desire

I was speeding to the hospital. My mind was racing and I felt so many different emotions right now.

"God I know I don't come to you as much as I should. I know I have done a lot of things you aren't proud of. Lord please don't let Aubrey die. Our children need him to make it." I prayed.

I got to the hospital and found Shakeya. Kima was here as well.

"Key tell me he is alright. Tell me he is still alive."

"I don't know anything. They are working on him. OB is on his way with Sandy. This shit is crazy. They took Dawn to the mental ward. I didn't know she had a gun until it was to late." Shakeya said.

I have never seen her like this. OB, Chubbs, Oliver, Forty, and Sandy all came rushing in.

"Where is he Desire?" Sandy asked me.

"They are working on him. I just got here so I don't know much."

"Who shot him?" OB asked looking at Shakeya.

"Dawn shot him." Shakeya said.

All of us were on the edge. I was pacing back and forth. Shakeya was on here phone with Carlos. Sandy had called Aubrey's father so he was on his way.

Shad and Kelly came. My dad and Jewel were also here.

"Des he is gonna be ok." Shad said.

"We just had a son. I know I told him I didn't want to marry him anymore, but I don't want him to die either."

The tears started up again. I couldn't deal with all of this. My breast were hurting and leaking.

"I need to pump or go and feed my baby."

Shakeya went and found a nurse. "Des come with me." she said.

All I could think about while I was pumping was Aubrey.