Chapter 33

Aubrey

I saw my life flashing before my eyes. I saw parts of my life playing out like a movie.

Alyssa, Robyn, Dawn, Kima, Heather, Rachel, and few others; but the one that meant the most was Desire.

Watching her have my daughter's and seeing my son for the first time. Feeling her love and watching her smile meant so much to me.

I saw the pain that I put her through. I finally understood it all.

She was the love of my life. I went back to that fight we had before our daughters funeral.

Our Loss

"Babe are you ready?" I asked her.

I saw the hurt and the pain, but I didn't understand it.

"I'm not going! So please just leave me alone! I'm not gonna watch them put her in the ground." she said.

She was barely talking to me. She barely wanted to be around me. I should have stopped my bullshit than.

"Fine I'm leaving." I said.

As a man I should have comforted her. I should have showed her love and patience.

I relived the worst day of both of our lives. I didn't deserve her love.

Desire

The doctor had came and told us Aubrey was in a coma. Sandy said I could go back first to see him.

When I walked in the room he was hooked up to all kinds of machines and I just cried.

I sat next to him and I held his hand. The doctor said that one of the bullets pierced his lungs and the second one was inches away from his heart. They don't really know why he slipped into a coma.

"Aubrey listen to me. Your kids need you to wake up. I need you to wake up baby okay. I love you so much. I can't do this without you."

I held his hand and just prayed. I prayed that he would pull through. I prayed that our relationship could survive if he is that girls baby daddy.

"Wake up baby please!"

I need him.