friday night

Santana's Point of View

Me and Brittany haven't talked since Sunday and it's now Friday.

Let me give you a day by day: When my dad got back home Sunday night, the three of us went up to their bedroom and laid there, crying and talking. Crying mostly but it was a great heart to heart and I've never felt closer to my parents before.

Monday I went to school feeling like shit. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night because who would? I avoided Brittany which is really hard because we spend our whole day walking to classes together. At lunch I just went to the library and binge-watched The Office. I wasn't up for cheer practice so I had my mom email Coach Sue telling her that I was too sick to practice.

Tuesday to Friday was pretty much the same. I sat at the lunch table with everyone else, Brittany included and I went to cheer practice. Didn't speak to her once.  I mean, she tried FaceTiming me a few times and she sent me a few texts, but we haven't talked in person and that's what I really want.

"Santana!" Quinn calls from the couch and I turn around, "Come lay with me!"

I fall into Quinn's arms and she strokes my arm with her fingertips. This is the type of thing me, Quinn, and Brittany do. We're just close like that I guess. Out of the whole group the two of them are my favorites.

Oh, I need to tell you the group ; It's me, Quinn, and Brittany (the cheerleaders), Rachel Berry (Broadway wannabe), Finn Hudson and Noah Puckerman (varsity football players), Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson (male gays), Tina Cohen-Chang (the complaining Asian) Mike Chang (the dancing Asian), Mercedes Jones (future pop star), Artie Abrams (future big time director), and Same Evans (white boy with black people lips).

Me, Quinn, Brittany, Rachel, Finn, Puck, Kurt, Mike, and Mercedes are all seniors while Artie, Tina, Blaine, and Sam are juniors.

And these are the relationships: me and Brittany aren't official but you can include us, Finn and Rachel, Kurt and Blaine, Mercedes and Sam (they're on and off. so we really never know when they're dating), and then there's Mike and Tina but Puck told me that Mike is going to break up with her because he can't do long distance relationships.

Rachel has this huge ass basement that we all just hang out at because hers dads are always going out.

"Where's Brittany?" Puck asks as he sits on the floor in front of the couch me and Quinn are laying on. He leans his back against the couch and takes a sip from the beer bottle he's holding

"I don't know," I say as I start to run my fingers through his mohawk, "You should get over this and just let your hair grow out all the way."

"You'll look way cuter." Quinn says and you can hear the smile in her voice

"It's possible for me to get even cuter?" Puck turns around and looks at us with a stupid smile on his face. The three of us laugh.

"Brittany's at the front door." Rachel says walking to the steps leading to upstairs and my stomach gets filled with butterflies

"Uh-oh." I hear Puck say under his breath and I know it's directed to me. When I get up off the couch, I hit Puck in the head and apologize as if it was an accident but him and I both know it was on purpose.

I walk into the bathroom and decide to stay in here until I hear her voice. I turn towards the sinks and look down to see what I'm working with. On the counter there's a toothbrush and toothpaste, mouthwash, and lotion for the face.

I squat down and look in the cabinets beneath the sink and find a new toothbrush that's still in the package. I break it open and put more toothpaste on it than I would normally use. When I'm done brushing, I rinse with water and then rinse with mouthwash. I wash my face with warm water because cold water can freeze your pores, leaving them full of dirt and bacteria.