graduation/goodbye

Santana's Point of View

Rachel, Arite, Tina, Mercedes and Kurt finish singing and performing 'Sit Down Your Rocking The Boat' and we clap for them. A lot of people think 'Don't Stop Believing' was the first song they performed but it wasn't.

"That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen." I say only half serious

Artie throws his hands up, "Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse. National champs, baby!"

Brittany and I are sitting on top of the piano and Quinn and Kurt are sitting on the bench in front of us.

Mr. Shue writes something on the board and when he turns around, we can all see it says 'GOODBYE.'

Crap.

"This week's assignment is easy. Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. Our work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: Say goodbye." Shue says in the most depressing tone ever, "Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors; seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us."

"A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever." Mercedes says and Artie nods

"We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least." Brittany says and I look at her and smile

"I really hope you're about to rap." Quinn says when Mr. Shue picks his guitar up

Mr. Shue laughs, "No such luck. I'm leading by example here. This one...is for you guys."

Mr. Shue slowly starts to strum Rod Stewart's 'Forever Young.'

"May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam.
And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home.
And my you grow to be proud, dignified and true.
And do unto others as you'd have done to you.
Be courageous and be brave.
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever young. (Forever young)
May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong,
Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond.
And may you never love in vain.
And in my heart you will remain
Forever young. (Forever young)
Forever young. Forever young
And when you fin'lly fly away, I'll be hoping that I served you well.
For all the wisdom of a lifetime, no one can ever tell.
But whatever road you choose, I'm right behind you win or lose,
Forever young. (Forever young)
Forever young. Forever young
For forever young"

How freaking depressing.

*

"What are we gonna do?" I ask Brittany as we lay in my bed, "I'm leaving and you're staying." We're both laying on our back and I'm playing with Brittany's fingers. Wanky, right?

"We talked about this already," Brittany says and I close my eyes, "We have the whole summer, the whole summer. Me and you, all summer. Doing nothing but scissoring and sleeping. All summer."

"I get it," I laugh, "We have all summer."

"You'll come home every weekend, to do laundry and to see me." Brittany says rolls over, so that most of her body is on top of me, "You told me we got this. Why aren't you believing that now?"