new york

Santana's Point of View

For the past three weeks, I have been in Hawaii with my girlfriend. It was perfect because my birthday is June 8th and we're got there on the 6th, so I was able to spend my 20th birthday in Hawaii. Woah. I'm 20 years old. Brittany's gonna turn 20 on the 26th of July and I don't know where I'm taking her.

Now we're in our $4,000 New York apartment, unpacking all of our things. We live on the 14th floor in a one bed and one and half bathroom apartment. Brittany and I fell in love with it as soon as we walked in. The apartment came furnished with couches and a table, and the only thing we had to buy was our bed and a TV for the living room and TV for the bedroom.

The bedroom is my favorite because I decorated it myself. Brittany wanted no part in deciding where everything should go, so she let me do it. The walls are painted white, like most of the house, and our king size tempurpedic bed is in the middle. There's a nightstand on both sides of the bed, one for each of us, and the dresser is in front of the bed with the TV hanging above it. We have a walk in closet, half of it is hers and the other half is mine, and our bathroom has two sinks and a separate shower and bathtub. Instead of using lamps or regular lights, I hung up those yellow Christmas lights that you see on Pinterest.

Today is our third and last day of unpacking all of our things from Lima and once we're both finished, we're gonna go to Kohl's and get a coffee maker and some kitchenware, and then we're going to Target to go grocery shopping because we've been getting takeout and pizza.

"Are you finished?" I ask Brittany as she walks into our bedroom. She nods her head as lays in the bed next to me, "Are you ready to go to the store?"

Brittany groans, "It's too late now." She lays her head on my chest and yawns

"It's three in the afternoon,"I say while rubbing her back, "Let's go and get it over with."

Brittany picks her head up and looks down at me, "I wanna talk to you about something first."

"What is it?"

"I want us to combine a portion of our money and only use that for food and the bills and, like, house needs. And then we'll keep our own portion of money and spend it on we want," Brittany says and I furrow my eyebrows, "Just so we won't argue over you getting your nails done with the money that was gonna go towards paying the bed off."

"Okay," I say with a smile, "That's actually a really good idea." Brittany pecks my lips a few times before getting out of bed.

The first time we came to New York, it was to look at apartments and we stayed with Rachel and Kurt in the apartment I use to live in. Once we found this apartment, we went back to Lima and packed up all of things and drove here in my car. It was about a nine hour drive and Brittany slept for most of it, so...

"Not it," I say as we're walking to the car in the garage. I laugh and toss the keys to Brittany, who clearly isn't in the mood to drive

Kohl's and Target are only a few minutes apart so the two trips were easy. We bought a coffee maker that also makes hot chocolate, and two mugs that have the letter of our first name on them. We also got more mugs, cups, wine glasses, plates and bowls, and silverware. Brittany also picked out some scented candles. At Target, we got paper plates, bathroom necessities, and a whole bunch of food. Even though we got a lot of food, I know that it's gonna be gone soon since Brittany eats for three.

"What's for dinner?" Brittany asks as I'm putting the last of the groceries away

"I don't know," I close the fridge and face her, "Me?"

Brittany opens her mouth to say something but my phone cuts her off. I look at who's calling and see that it's Quinn. Quinn and a I barely talk. I mean, we'll comment on each other's posts or something but we never actually call each other and have a full conversation.