changes

Brittany's Point of View

I wake up with something pressed against my back. I look over my shoulder and see Santana's forehead is pressed against my back and her legs are tangled in with mine. Her side of the bed is empty because she's so close to me.

I flip onto my other side, as quietly as possible, and look at Santana. Her lips are slightly parted and you can hear light snores escape from her mouth. She moves a little and lets out a small moan.

"Why'd you move?" She asks and she presses her forehead against my chest

"I told you if you get cold at night you can turn the AC off." I say and she shakes her head

"Then I wouldn't have an excuse to sleep so close to you." She says and I smile, "What time is it?"

I reach behind me and grab my phone and sigh, "5:30."

Santana clears her throat, "Don't you start work at 6?"

"It ended last week," I pull more of her onto me and she groans, "We haven't seen each other in a month and last night when you got home, we didn't do much talking."

Santana laughs, "I took off of work on Friday to play Fanny and then I had the weekend off. I can't call of again today."

"Yes, you can."

Santana takes a deep breath before scooting over to her side of the bed, where her phone is sitting on her nightstand. She types something into her phone and places it on her ear.

"Hey, it's Santana and I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to come in to work today." She says, her voice hoarse, "Why? Oh, um, I'm sick." She looks at me and smiles, "Yeah, I should be able to come in tomorrow." pause, "Thank you."

She places her phone back down on her nightstand and scoots back over to my side. She presses her body against mine and yawns.

"Are you happy?" She asks and I can hear the smile in her voice

"Very much so."

I feel her breathing slow and her body relax before hearing light snores. I wrap my arm around her waist and hold her closer against me, and soon I drift off to sleep.

Santana isn't next to me when I wake up, but I hear music coming from outside the bedroom. I get out of bed and put on a tank top and a pair of pajama pants.

I walk out of the room and into the kitchen where I see Santana dancing, in a sports bra and a pair of short shorts, to No Tears Left To Cry with Lord Tubbington in her arms.

I lean against the wall and watch Santana sing to Lord Tubbington and him lick her nose when she brings him to her face. They do a spin and land in my direction. Her eyes widen and she lowers the volume on the speaker.

"I'm sorry," she says with a smile on her face, "Did we wake you?" She kisses Lord Tubbington on the head before setting him free to go get water.

"No," I say and she walks over to me and kisses me on the cheek, "You two make great dance partners."

Santana smiles and points at Lord Tubbington, who just looks at her and then goes back to drinking water.

"I was going to make us breakfast, but we don't have any food." Santana says with a huge smile on her face, "You know what that means."

I shake my head, "Don't say it."

"Grocery shopping!" She yells and I groan

I hate grocery shopping, but Santana loves it; not because she's going to eat it, but because she loves to cook.