nine month anniversary

Santana's Point of View

I feel Brittany kiss me on the cheek, "Happy nine month anniversary, beautiful." She says barely above a whisper. I open my eyes and smile.

"Happy nine months, baby." I say as I lay on my back. Brittany smiles and places a sweet kiss on my lips.

Brittany slides her arm under the blanket and grabs onto the right side of my body, "So, I was thinking, since you're the one handling my birthday, I thought that I can handle today."

I furrow my eyebrows and grin, "Really? What did you have in mind?"

"Well," Brittany starts and I giggle, "I was thinking that we could start by giving each other the gifts we bought. Then we'll go into the kitchen where I've already cooked breakfast and then we'll come back here and spend the rest of the day in bed, but we're gonna have to get dressed at 7 because we have dinner reservations."

"Where at?"

"Gotham Bar and Grill." Britt says as if it's nothing, but it really is something

"Britt, that place just opened. How'd you get a reservation?" I ask with a huge smile on my face

"By calling the restaurant and reserving a table for two." Brittany answers

I roll my eyes and bring her head down, so that I can give her a kiss. Today actually sounds like fun. I love staying home with Brittany and being able to walk around the house in nothing but our undergarments.

I look at the time on my phone and see that it's almost 12 in the afternoon. I was able to get my job back at The Spotlight Diner with Rachel and Kurt, and I've been working from sun up to sun down.  Brittany and Blaine have been spending a lot of time together, going around New York looking for jobs. We told the two of them to apply to be a singer waiter/waitress, but they both said that they would rather do this performing arts day camp that ages 10 to 18 can come to and work on whatever they're into. May it be dancing, singing, playing different instruments, DJing, etc. Brittany signed up to be the dance instructor and Blaine signed up to either be a singing instructor or an instrument instructor. They signed up last week Thursday and then they called them on Monday telling them they got the job and that they start Monday.

Since I work so much, Britt and I hardly see each other like we use to. I'm gone all day and when I get home, I'm too tired to have sex or to even have a conversation, so I just go straight to bed. It's gonna be even worse now since Brittany has to be there at 6:30 in the morning and she won't get home until around 6 or seven, and then I get off of work around 10, 11 the latest, or if I'm working the night shift, it's 7 p.m to 6 a.m and those are deadly.

And then I feel bad because I know Brittany wants to talk when I get home but I'm always too tired and I loose concentration when she talks to me. I don't want her to feel disrespected because she does all these things for me, like wash my clothes, cook me dinner, but at the same time I know she understands. That's why on my days off, I spend them with Brittany and then it's my turn to cater to her.

When Brittany told me it was a twelve hour shift, I wasn't too happy because how much dance can these people be doing? But then she told me she makes $20 an hour and twenty times twelve equals $240 a day. And when you times that by five, you get over 1,000. Brittany is making $1,000 a week by doing something she loves. And she gets weekends off.

I was able to get today off for our anniversary, and then I tried to get Friday off for her birthday but they told me two people already called off, so I won't be with Britt for her birthday. Thankfully, though, I have Saturday off, so we'll celebrate on Saturday.

I get out of bed excitedly because I've been waiting to give Brittany her gifts since the day it all came in the mail. I had to hide them somewhere I knew she wouldn't look and that is in the closet where we keep spare blankets and pillows.