quinn fabray pt. 2

brittany's point of view

"i swear to god, rachel, if something happens to her i'm killing you." santana says as she walks up to a distraught rachel, who's crying her eyes out

i grab santana's wrist and pull her against me, stopping her from hurting rachel. santana presses her head against my chest and she starts to lightly cry. i wrap my arms around her and hold her to me.

"what happened?" kurt asks and he sits next to rachel

"i-i-i broke up with her and she was crying so much while she was driving from the apartment that she didn't see the car..."

"both times have been your fault rachel," santana says and i shush her, "both times. first time, you were texting her and second time you broke up with her."

i place my hand on the back of santana's head and she wraps her arms around me. i look at rachel and feel bad for her. santana shouldn't be attacking her right now but that's how she's gonna cope.

"i know," rachel says and she cries harder, "i'm sorry."

"it's not your fault, rachel." i say to her and she closes her eyes

santana picks her head up, "it is! it's all your fault!"

i furrow my eyebrows and pull her around the corner. i don't like this. she shouldn't be saying that to rachel, especially at a time like this.

"santana, calm down. i know you're upset but so is rachel," i say and she looks down at her feet and shakes her head, "it's okay. you can be sad without being a bitch."

"i have to go in there. please. her mom isn't here yet and she needs somebody." rachel says to the doctor who's standing outside of quinn's door looking down at a clipboard

"family only," the doctor says and he looks up at us, "are any of you family."

santana looks at me and my eyes widen. i'm blonde and so is quinn, and that's all they need for me to go in there. i squeeze santana's hand.

"me and quinn are cousins," i say and the doctor squints, "her mom is my aunt so that makes us cousins."

the doctor falls for it and he brings me and the clipboard into quinn's room with him.

quinn's laying in the bed, obviously, and her breathing is really steady. she's hooked up to all these things and her eyes are slightly open.

"nothing too serious," the doctor says as i walk closer to her, "she has a concussion, whiplash, and she sprained her left ankle."

i look down at quinn and she looks up at me. she's really pale and her eyes start to water with tears.

"quinn," i whisper, "what happened?"

"rachel broke up with me and i was on my way to your house and i was crying really bad and i couldn't see through all the tears, so i didn't see the red light and then..."

i pull the swiggly chair over to the bed and sit down next to her. i hold her hand she squeezes it lightly.

"santana?" she asks and i look out the door

"i had to lie and say i'm your cousin because they wouldn't let anyone in who isn't family," i say and she grins, "she really wants to be in here."

"did she yell at rachel?"

i laugh, "yeah, but i had to stop it before she put rachel in a bed next to you."

"that's the last thing i want."

i bite down on my bottom lip, wondering if what i'm about to ask is smart.

"are you mad at her? do you think it's her fault?"

"i'm not mad. i'm just sad, you know? and no, it's not her fault." quinn says and i nod

"she looks like a mess. she's really hurting out there, quinn."

"well, i'm in the hospital, so..." quinn says and she closes her eyes, "my mom is on her way, right?"

"yeah, rachel called her and told her everything," i say, "do you need me to get you anything?"

"i want to see, santana. can you sneak her in here?"

i find it weird that she's asking me to get her instead of rachel, but at the same time rachel broke her. i nod my head and get up.

santana's sitting on the opposite side of everyone. i whistle and she looks at me with sad eyes. she gets up and walks over to me and i quickly pull her into the room.

"quinn, oh my god," santana says and her voice cracks as she walks over to her, "stop doing this to us."

"believe me. i'm not doing this on purpose," quinn says and i smile because i know she's trying to lighten the mood, "i'm just glad that i have you two here with me."

"i'm glad that we're here with you, too." santana says and she kisses quinn on the cheek

*
author's note
i think it's only fair that quinn got her own chapter even though it's short, soooo.....