rip lord tubbington

santana's point of view

tubbington was really fat for a cat. i told brittany that she was feeding him too much but she didn't listen. i'm not saying it's her fault though, but now he's in kitty heaven.

it's been a week and brittany hasn't changed. she just lays in the bed and looks at photos and videos of him. she doesn't really talk and she doesn't really eat and when she does she's eating a tuna sandwich or talking about cats.

it's understandable. she got him when she was nine and she's now twenty. they've been together for 11 years. i just wanna know how much longer until she's done or do you never recover from something like that?

i wake up in the middle of the night and find our bed empty because brittany is sleeping next to his bed and holding one of his toy mice against her chest. like tonight.

i rub my eyes as i walk over to her. i place one arm under her neck and the other behind her knees. i carry her into the bedroom and gently place her down in the bed. i've been having to do that for the last week.

but i have good news.

shining star is done and is ready to be shared with the world!

blaine has been coming in the studio to help them get the guitar together and to help with me and the piano.

i also finally accepted the song he wrote and decided on recording it, but first i wanna see how shining star goes.

i wake up before brittany does so that i can throw all of lord tubbington's things away. it sounds. rita has but you'll understand why later. i throw away everything but the toy mice brittany keeps holding as she sleeps.

today i'm supposed to go to the studio and listen to the song a few more times with blaine to make sure everything sounds good and to talk about branding and promoting myself. i know there's gonna be a lot of disagreement there.

we recorded the promo for the song. it's a thirty second video of me dancing in an all white room, wearing a white shirt and black jeans and my hair is down with the usual part on the side. the instrumental version of the song is playing in the background.

"tuna sandwich please." brittany says as she takes a seat at the counter

i roll my eyes and shake my head.

"no, britt. i'm sorry but it's been a week and today you're gonna eat a normal breakfast."

"then i'll make it myself," she says and she goes into the fridge only to see that i threw her stash of tuna out, "where's the tuna?" she asks and she looks at me. i see her eyes go right and my stomach tightens, "and where's all of his things?"

"i threw them out." i say calmly

"you what?"

"i threw them..."

"you had no right! why would you do that!"

i clear my throat, "because you're not gonna get any better if you you're always reminded of what happened."

"you still had no right!" she yells and tears begin to fill her eyes

"britt, it's okay."

"no it's not! you didn't even ask me if it was okay! you just threw it all out! that's not fair, santana! that's not what you do!"

i walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist and pull her into a hug, but she pushes me away.

"don't touch me!" she yells before going back into the room