the unpublished miscarriage

okay, so i wrote the miscarriage chapter a while ago and i saved it because i was really proud of it and i don't want it to go to waste so i'm gonna post it. xoxo

*

Brittany's Point of View

"How's Santana?" Quinn asks me through the phone as I'm putting away the dishes

"She was having cramps and she was really tired, so she's in bed taking a nap."

Quinn chuckles, "What are her cravings like?"

I groan, "Oh, my god. I've never seen her eat much. Yesterday for breakfast she had avocado toast and then for lunch she had a salad and then I made salmon, white rice, and yams for dinner. Then she ate pickles and ice cream. But at two in the morning, someone knocks on our door. She gets up and comes back into the room carrying a McDonald's bag."

Quinn laughs, "Sounds about right."

When I'm about to go into further detail, I hear Santana scream and then call my name. My heart jumps out of my throat and I begin to panic.

"Let me call you back."

I run into the bedroom and turn the lights on. Santana's in bed, sitting in a puddle of her own blood and, from what I can see, it's coming from her pants.

The first thing that pops into my head is miscarriage.

I'm remember reading about it because I knew miscarriage is a possibility with being pregnant.

I take a few deep breaths and kneel down in front of her. I take in what is happening and mentally prepare myself.

"It hurts." Santana cries, and she places a hand on her stomach

"What hurts?" I ask and I realize that I'm out of breath

"My back and my stomach," She looks at me and I see her eyes begin to fill with tears, "It's the baby."

I remember reading that bleeding doesn't automatically mean miscarriage, but there is a lot of blood and a lot of blood is never good.

Positive thoughts. Positive thoughts.

I pick her phone up off of the nightstand and call our hospital. I place my hand on her knee and listen to it ring five times before someone picks up.

"Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, how can we help you?" A lady asks and more tears fall from her eyes

"Hey, um, this is Brittany Pierce and my wife, Santana Pierce, is pregnant and she just woke up from a nap in a pool of blood." I say really fast. Santana closes her eyes and breathes out,

You know when you have to say something out loud to actually believe it? Yeah, that just happens to me.

"Okay, and how far along is Santana?"

"Five weeks."

"And is there a lot of blood?" She asks and I almost smack her through the phone. Didn't I just tell her she woke up in a pool of blood?