prom-a-saurus

Brittany's Point of View

"Sexy teen trollop," Principal Figgins says as I sit down infront of his desk, "Many months ago, to much fanfare, you were elected senior class president."

"Oh, yeah." I say with furrowed eyebrows because I've completely forgotten about my presidency

"Since that day, you have accomplished nothing except one memorandum written in crayon saying 'Drill, baby, drill.'"

I shake my head, "Yeah I no longer believe we should be drilling for babies."

"Your do-nothing presidency has me seriously considering abolishing the post altogether." He leans back into his chair, "Miss Pierce, you are making a mockery of this student government, and if you don't make an impact with the rest of your term, your presidency will be this school's last!"

I purse my lips and look at his bookcase, "I now realize I wasted an entire year belaboring the nuances of my fluid teen sexuality and getting caught up in Lord Tubbington's Ponzi schemes." I say as Figgins gets up from his desks and walks to the door, "Then for a while, I stopped talking. But I don't want my presidency to be the last one at McKinley. I don't want that to be my legacy."

"Well, Madame President, prom is coming up. And if you want to rehabilitate your image, perhaps that's where you should start." He opens the door and gestures for me to get out, "I set a meeting up for you and the Prom Comittee to discuss Prom. They're waiting for you in the Spanish room."

I'm going to make Prom my bitch.

I walk into the Spanish room and see three people I've never seen before. Two girls and one boy. They're sitting side by side and they smile when I walk in.

"I don't know who any of you guys are." I say as nicely as possible

"Oh, we're the Prom Comittee. We've been meeting since September." The girl to the left says

"We've sent you 14 memos." The girl all the way to right say. She looks like Rachel but I can't tell if she is Rachel.

I rest my hands on my back, "Did you get my memo about drilling for babies?"

"No." The girl to the left says nervously

"Good. 'Cause that's not the solution to soaring gas prices." I say

The boy in the middle with red hair raises his hand, "We're a little behind schedule, but we think we have a great theme for this year's prom."

"Cool." I say smiling

"This year's prom theme is..." The girl to the left gets up and starts humming fanfare, "Castles in the Clouds!"

"Nice." I say smiling while the two other people clap, "I like your unicorns; those are great. But I'm gonna have to say never, 'cause there's no way I'm ever gonna let that happen. Castles are very heavy, so putting them on clouds would be extremely dangerous. I seriously think the three of you should be put in jail." I say, giving them strange looks

"Okay," the boy says, "um, what about... Stairway to Heaven?"

"Not unless we also build escalators to heaven for the disabled students." I say referring to Artie and Quinn, "Plus, I'm not really sure they're even allowed in heaven. It's clear that the three of you are incompetent fools, possibly some sort of terrorist cell. So, as president, I'm gonna decide what the prom theme is going to be this year." I turn around and look at the posters on the wall, "And I think...that it should be..." I turn around and look at the three of them. Their eyebrows are all raised, waiting to hear my answer, "Dinosaurs!"