brittany's 20th birthday

Brittany's Point of View

"Hey," Santana whispers and I open my eyes, "Happy birthday, beautiful." She brushes a few pieces of hair out of my face and places a gentle kiss on my lips

I give her a weak smile and she continues to run her fingers through my hair. I look at the time on her unlocked phone and see that it's 6:37. She starts work at 7.

"I'm really sorry that I can't be here with you today, but tomorrow I'm all yours." Santana sadly says. She looks down at her phone and her eyes widen, "Okay, I have to go or I'll be late, but stop by the job today and we'll all sing you Happy Birthday," Santana rolls her eyes and smiles, "I love you." She places another gentle kiss on my lips before getting up

"I love you, too." I say back and she blows me a kiss before walking out the room

I wait till I hear the front door close to go back to sleep. And then I wake back up at 10:47 to a lot of happy birthday texts. I reply to all of them, most of them being from everyone in the glee club and some newbies, and that takes me about ten minutes. Then I go on Snapchat and see all the birthday posts and I smile because they're all really nice.

I really wish that I can celebrate my birthday, like how we did in Lima before I moved, but now that we've all graduated everyone's doing their own thing.

I get out of bed and walk out of the room to find Lord Tubbington. He's not hard to find because he's usually sleeping on the couch in the living room but sometimes he sleeps in the guest bathroom.

"Good morning, Tubbs." I say to him and he jumps off of the couch to greet me. He brushes against my leg and I pick him up. He gives me a birthday kiss as we walk into the kitchen, where I go to fill his bowl with food, but Santana already did that before she left work. I smile and set him free.

I seriously have nothing to do today, besides replying to happy birthday texts. So, Lord Tubbington and I just hang out in the living room and watch The Office. At 12, I get in the shower and get ready to go to Santana's job, just so I won't be in the house all day.

As I'm struggling to get a comb through my hair, someone knocks on the front door. I set my comb down and walk to the front door, confused because everybody I know in New York is doing their own thing.

I look through the peep hole and my eyes widen. I clear my throat before slowly opening the door.

"Happy birthday!" Chantel says, with a huge smile on her face and flowers and balloons in her hands. I pull her into a hug, because that's the polite thing to do.

"What are you doing here?" I step to the side and let her walk into the apartment

She sets the flowers and balloons down and looks at me, "So, I knew it was your birthday because it's in my calendar. I flew in early this morning to surprise you because I haven't seen you in ages."

I laugh nervously. I haven't seen Chantel since around the time Santana and I broke up because she kissed me at Prom. Chantel is a really great friend but I didn't wanna risk loosing Santana by having her as my friend.

"Where's Santana?" Chantel asks, looking around to make sure Santana isn't gonna jump out and stab her or something

"She's at work," I say as Lord Tubbington comes running into the kitchen, "she doesn't get off till tonight."

Chantel bends down and scratches his head, "Well, I don't sand you to spend your birthday alone. Let's go out and talk because we obviously have so much to catch up on."

I bite down on my bottom lip and wonder if that is a good idea. I don't wanna be alone on my birthday but then I don't wanna cause a big fight between Santana and I.