planning

Brittany's Point of View

"Welcome to my bedroom." I say to Artie as he wheels his way in

"I've been in here before. We dated for, like, three months." He says as I take a seat on my bed

"Uh, I think I would have remembered if I dated a guy with glasses, okay?" I say and Artie purses his lips and nods, "I have a question. I would like to hire you to be Santana's and my wedding planner. For free."

"Wow," Artie says and I can't tell if he's being sarcastic, "I'm honored."

"Great."

"But why me?"

"Partially because it felt like you've had nothing to do all year. And also because you're a director. And I thought you could really help me bring my vision to life."

"Okay, pitch it to me."

"Okay," I say and I reach behind and pick my notebook up, "I made a list of all the things that remind me of Santana because I tho7g one of them could be a great theme."

"Okay," Artie nods, "What are they?"

I sigh, "Scissors."

"Uh-uh."

"Sweet lady kisses?"

"No."

"Tuna." I say and Lord Tubbington meows, "Lord Tubbington snuck that one in. Okay. Heaven."

"Wait," Artie opens his notebook and begins to scribble some things down, "Elaborate,"

I sigh, "Well, uh... when I'm with Santana, it just feels like I'm in Heaven, and...angel wings remind me of her."

Artie keeps nodding his head, "Okay, let's explore Heaven."

A musical number plays in my head with Artie and Blaine and I singing about showing love. It was all white and Artie was walking and Sam and Blaine were swinging on these swings. It was beautiful.

"I think Heaven may be the perfect theme for this wedding." Artie says

"Yeah, or not. Let's keep it on the list. I still think the underworld could be cool. Let's think about that."

It's September 10th and the wedding is in 8 days. Santana and I made a plan to do one thing each day. Today I'm planning the wedding with Artie and later Santana's coming over to write out the invitation list with me.

"Britt, I think that we can invite them, but I don't really think that Johnny Weir and Joan Baez are gonna come." Santana says with a smile on her face. We're sitting on my carpet, looking over the list of people I wrote down in crayon.

"Hmm. Between you and me, though, that lady was the best 'sexter' I've ever had." I say and Santana rolls her eyes

"Uh, why are you inviting my Abuela?"

"Because you won't, and she should be there." I say with a disappointed look on my face

"You know, when I was little, we used to play wedding all the time. She would give me her veil, and I would wrap her shawl around me like a dress, I would march down the aisle, and she would him the wedding march. And then she would ask me what guy I was gonna marry that day," Santana says sadly and I close my eyes, "My whole life, I've dreamt of my wedding with her sitting in the front row, bawling. And-and believe me, if I could get in her head and bring her into this century, I would, and I would forgive her and have her here. She's my Abuela, you know, like the lady with the big plates of rice and beans."

I chuckle, "Of course."

"But last I heard, she was on Facebook, posting about her diverticulitis, trolling for sympathy."