the quarterback

Santana's Point of View

Three weeks to the day since his funeral, and it's the first time I've had the courage to look at the dress I wore to it. And now back to Lima for a special memorial Mr. Shue is planning. We're all going back-- everyone who can. Brittany and Quinn could only make the funeral but not the memorial.

Kurt and I left New York together. This must be really hard for him. Finn was his brother; his only brother at that.

And Rachel. Oh, my God. You should hear how she cries at night. The first few nights, the three of us all slept together in the same but after a while, Rachel just wanted to be alone. It sucks for her because in the end they were supposed to get married and live happily ever after.

Being together is hard-- it makes it more real--but I also need my friends right now.

Honestly, what can you say about a 19-year-old who dies? Everyone wants to talk about how he died, too, but who cares? One moment in his whole life. I care more about how he lived.

This isn't real. I'm not going home for this. He's going to be there and I'm going to be able to make fun of his cone shaped boobs.

I'm going to spend my entire life missing him. I was so mean to him and he still was able to find the good in me. He knew I loved him. I was his first and I meant something to him. He had such a big heart and it makes me really sad to know that I didn't get to know that heart on a more personal level.

Mr. Shue rights 'FINN' on the white board, "I'm really glad so many of you could make it back for this."

"We wouldn't miss it for anything, Mr. Shue." Mike Chang says

"The funeral was for everyone, but I wanted to do something just for us. To memorialize him the only way we know how--by singing." Mr. Shue lets out a deep sigh, "All week long. Anyone who wants to can come up and sing. Maybe a song he sung, maybe something that reminds you of him..."

"Singing isn't going to bring him back." Puck snaps, cutting Mr. Shue off

Mr. Shue takes a seat next to Unique, "No, it's not."

Puck rolls his eyes and looks down at the floor. Him and Finn were best friends. Puck got Quinn pregnant and Finn hated him for that. But Finn's heart was big enough to forgive him and Quinn.

"Not ever." Mr. Shue says and he places a hand on Mercedes' shoulder, "But... for two minutes or so, we can all maybe remember the best parts of him. So, think of what you want sing, if you want to sing, and we'll start tomorrow."

Mercedes turns around and looks at Mr. Shue, "Oh, I-I can't wait until tomorrow, Mr. Shue." She stands up and walks to the center of the choir room, "I've been bawling for three weeks. If I don't get this all out now, I don't think I'll ever stop crying."

"Sure, Mercedes. Start us off." Shue says

"Um, I, uh, remember Finn telling me that he sang this song to his baby's sonogram. Well, he thought it was his baby. He was the first cool kid to be nice to any of us, and he was our leader in here. We love you, Finn."

The Pretenders' I'll Stand By You begins to play.

"Oh, why you look so sad, the tears are in your eyes,
Come on and come to me now, and don't be ashamed to cry,
Let me see you through, 'cause I've seen the dark side too.
When the night falls on you, you don't know what to do,
Nothing you confess could make me love you less,
I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you
So if you're mad, get mad, don't hold it all inside,
Come on and talk to me now.
Hey there, what you got to hide?
I get angry too, well, I'm alive like you.
When you're standing at the cross roads,
And don't know which path to choose,
Let me come along, 'cause even if you're wrong
I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you.
Baby, even to your darkest hour, and I'll never desert you,
I'll stand by you.
And when, when the night falls on you baby,
You're feeling all a lone, you're wandering on your own,
I'll stand by you.
I'll stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you, baby even to your darkest hour,
And I'll never desert you,
I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you.
I'll stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you, baby even to your darkest hour,
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you"