jake

Santana's Point of View

It's one in the morning and Jake just woke up from his sleep. Everyone's left but Quinn and Rachel stayed to help clean.

"This is where it gets hard," Quinn says and she glances at Jake who's sitting on the floor with Lord Tubbington, "If he doesn't go to sleep when you lay him down then give him warm milk and he'll knockout. If he cries with his finger in his mouth then give him his teething ring because he's teething. Other than that he's not too bad."

"Not too bad?" Rachel asks and Quinn rolls her eyes, "He's so energetic in the morning and he wakes up really early."

"How early I ask?"

"Six. Seven if you're lucky." Rachel says and I groan

This is all for Brittany. All for Brittany.

"And don't yell at him. He loses his shit if you yell at him," Quinn says and I prepare myself to use my inside voice, "If you need anything call us."

"Or figure it out yourselves." Rachel says and I can't tell if she's serious

Quinn bends down and kisses Jake on his head. Rachel just waves from a distance. The both of them hug me and Brittany goodbye before walking out.

Brittany and I look at each other before looking at Jake. He looks up at us and laughs. Why is he always laughing?

"Come on," Brittany says as she picks him up, "Let's go get you ready for bed."

I grab his bag and turn off all the lights before joining them in the bedroom. He's laid on the bed and Brittany changing his diaper. I really hope he doesn't mess up my WHITE sheets.

Inside the bag is diapers and wipes, onesies, pacifiers, sippy cups and dish ware, snacks, and toys. He sees me holding a bottle of the snacks that melt in your mouth and he holds his hand out. I take three out and place it down next to him on the bed. I put the bottle back in the bed and sit the bed down next to my dresser.

I realize that I won't be able to sleep naked tonight because he's sleeping with us, so I go into the bathroom and put a tank top and short shorts on.

I get on my phone as I get into bed with them and Jake plays with his toy. I occasionally glance over at him to make sure he's not doing something he shouldn't be doing.

A few minutes later, he starts to throw his toy off of the bed and then he looks at me to go get it. It was cool the first four times and then it was okay the four times after that and now it's irritating.

"Last time," I say to him as I hand him his toy back, "Don't throw it again."

He takes it and looks down at it before pulling it back. I look at him and squint my eyes. He looks at me and smiles.

"Jake, don't," I say as he pulls his arm back further. He looks at Brittany and she gives him the same look, but he throws it anyways, "Jake!" I yell as I get out of bed to get the toy for the tenth time. Instead of giving it back to him, I sit it down next to the TV so that he can only see it, "No," I say a little harsher than I meant, "You can't have the toy."

Jake falls on Brittany and cries.

"Santana!" Brittany says as she takes Jake into her arms, "They told you not to yell at him."

"He wouldn't stop throwing the damn toy."

"He's seven months old," Brittany says and she's right. She places her hand on the back of his head and holds him as he cries, "Go warm him up some milk."