sick

Santana's Point of View

"Are you sure that your mom is okay with you missing today?" Mrs. Pierce asks as she picks her purse and car keys up, "And are you sure your okay with staying with her?"

I look at Brittany who's sitting laying on the couch with a blanket over her. On Sunday, the day after our picnic, Brittany woke up with some really bad allergies. Her throat hurt, her eyes were puffy, she was sneezing and coughing, and she had a post-nasal drip. Her mom thought that it would all be gone by Monday because Brittany always gets like this during springtime, but this morning when Brittany woke up she felt the same.

Her mom called me and said that Brittany doesn't want anyone to stay home with her and that she would feel better knowing that I was here with her. I saw it as an excuse to not go to school and study for my upcoming finals.

"I think we'll be fine. I'll call you if anything happens."

Mrs. Pierce walks over to Brittany and places a kiss on her forehead, "Love you Brittany."

"Mmhmm." Is all she can get out and based on her face I can tell that hurt her

"Thank you so much, Santana." Her mom says with a small smile before leaving out

Brittany puts her hood over her head and gets on her phone. When Britt gets sick, she doesn't wanna be bothered. She doesn't like talking or eating, and all she wants to do is sleep and watch One Tree Hill. This is probably my fourth time dealing with Sick Brittany, so I consider myself an expert.

I pick her feet up off of the couch and sit down, placing her feet on my lap. I massage her foot with my right hand and scroll through Instagram.

Brittany groans, "Can I have ice cream?" Her voice is really scratch and dry.

"Britt, it's 6 in the morning." I say without looking up from my phone, "Can you eat real food first?"

"But my throat hurts so bad." Brittany says and it sounds like she's about to cry

"I can make you some waffles and eggs with a hot cup of tea to help your throat fill better."

"I'll get the fucking ice cream myself," Brittany says but she doesn't move. She always does this when she's sick. She thinks that I'm gonna get up and get the ice cream for her but I'm not. She still hasn't moved so I look up at her and laugh, "Santana, please?"

I start to massage both of her feet and sigh, "Are you gonna take your medicine without a problem?"

"Yes, now can I have some ice cream?"

I get up and walk into the kitchen. I wash my hands before doing anything since I was just touching her feet. I make her a bowl of chocolate ice cream and bring it out to her.

"Ew." She says when I hand her the bowl, "I only like chocolate when I'm feeling good and right now, if you haven't noticed, I'm not feeling good." She hands me the bowl back and I take a deep breath so that I won't snap on her.

She's sick, Santana. She's sick.

"Then what am I supposed to bring you?"

"Butter pecan."

I walk back into the kitchen and put the chocolate ice cream back into the box. To save myself the trouble of having to get her a bowl that hasn't been touched by the chocolate ice cream, I put that bowl in the sink and grab a new bowl.