2

Ty'Liah|Ty

"Holy shit! You really here!" Quade jumped up.

"You listen to my music lih bro?" He asked as they dapped each other up. Quade nodded.

"Quade! Stop cursing!" I thumped his head.

"I listen to your music too!" Amber smiles.

"That's wassup." He smiled as he gave her a hug. She looked like a kid in a candy store. Once she let go, I spoke up again.

"Well, I gotta show him around now. You ready?" He nodded. I led him back to the front room and up the steps.

"This is Quade and Calvin's room." I start, pointing at the door decorated with superheros. I shift my weight to my other leg.

"And thats them and Eman's bathroom, so you probably might be using it too." I shrugged.

"This is Emanuel's room, then Neeva's room." I gesture to the plain white door, then the door with a sparkly pink "J". We rounded the corner and I gestured to the two doors on the left.

"This is my room, a bathroom, and the guest room." I opened the door to the guest room and walked in—for no reason. I spun around on my heel.

"So, that's basically it. My parents' room is downstairs. Are you hungry? Or do you need anything?" I faced him. He smiled at me.

"Yeah shawty. Tryna eat what ya mama made."

"Sorry, she isn't gonna be here in time enough to cook. I cooked, though." I shrugged, and he started laughing. I frowned up. "What?" Did I say something wrong?

"People be calling you innocent? I can tell." I just rolled my eyes.

"No they don't." I lie.

"Yeen gotta lie. But lil mama, I'm finna tell you straight up. You fine as fuck." I felt my face heat up and I felt stuck.

"Um, I think imma go eat now, so..." I excused myself from the room and started to fan my face.

Damn, am I getting sick or something?

"You so busy telling me about everything and everybody else, Yeen ain't even tell me ya name!" He yelled from the room.

"It's Ty'Lia." I answer before starting down the steps. I got downstairs and fixed my own plate before sitting down in silence.

"You okay?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, why?" I put on a smile.

"Girl you been nibbling the same noodle for five minutes." Kelsey said. I heard footsteps coming down the steps.

"Ty, can I talk to you? Like...outside?" I nodded, putting my fork down. Quando walked past me.

"We'll be back."

"We taking a walk if y'all mama comes back!" Amber follows me out the front door.

"Girl...I cant believe it! You pulling a hood nigga, let alone a rapper!"

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Quando look at you like he wanna jump all over you. I'm jealous."

"No, you're ridiculous. If he is interested, he just wants sex." I shrugged.

"Man, we gone talk about him later. Let's talk about how you came down the steps looking shell shocked."

"I think I'm getting sick."

"What's wrong, boo?"

"I feel queasy, my heart is beating fast, I'm hot—"

"And when did this start happening?"

"This evening." I shrugged.

"Oh, I know what it is!"

"What?"

"You like Quando! I can't believe you like somebody that's not a preacher's son!"

"Like him? HA! You funny sis." I giggled as we turned off the street.

"I'm serious. You been swearing up and down all your life that all you're into is church boys. If that's the case, then why didn't you know what liking someone felt like?" I stayed quiet.

"Exactly. Now, you know I gotta help you get him, right?"

"No! Do you know how sideways mama and daddy would look at me?"

"Well—look sideways back. Ty, you gotta learn to live for yourself and not your parents."

"It's not that...I just don't want him, okay?" I hit a mean u-turn and start walking back to my house.

"Cap."

"He's not my type."

"You don't have a type."

"Cap." She sucks her teeth at me.

"You're not talking me out of this."

"You don't really have a choice."

"Oh...so you challenging me now?"

"No! You got it—"

"Bet that up, you finna be more caked up than a bakery." I mug her and sigh through my nose. This girl never backs down when she feels like somebody challenged her. We get back in the house to see that my parents are here and everybody was chilling in the living room. She nudged me in the empty spot on the couch between Quando and Neeva.

"Ow, Amber!" I hiss.

"Sorry babe." She sticks her tongue out and sits on the floor in front of me.

"So Quando, you got a girl? Asking for a friend." He laughed and sat up.

"You a bold lil some' ain't you? Nah, Ian got nobody right now though. Who ya friend?"

"You'll see." She winked at him.

"Amber, now you know you was asking for you." Emanuel straightfaced her.

"Eman, mind your business. Come for me when you tell about Monique." He sat back then.

"Tell what?" Me, Quando, and Neeva asked at the same time. Amber just smirked.

"Thought so."

"You wild lil ma, I like that." She scoffed.

"Not as wild as Ty when she's comfortable."

"Amber!" I warn.

"Say she be wild? Ion believe it."

"I guess you'll just have to see it." Amber shrugged. I was confused because I'm not wild. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him looking at me again, biting his lip. I shifted in my seat when I felt a weird feeling down there. I guess I scared Amber, because she turned around.

"You good."

"Yes, I'm fine. Chill." I chuckle, laying back. I couldn't relax because I couldn't believe I was actually attracted to a hood boy.

Out of all the types, out of all the people in Atlanta. I'm attracted to a RAPPER.