27

Ty'Lia|Ty

"He got some nerve. And I meant that." I heard stuff slamming in the background. I wasn't really sure what to say, because she was mad. Pissed. Quan's mama was on three way with us.

"Girl, I'm sorry, but I woulda slapped the shit outta Kev."

"And I would've helped. He got me fucked up. He didn't do not a damn thing when he found out Eman got that lil girl pregnant. And you kick my child out for doing the same shit You was doing at her age. Boy, get the fuck..." It was kinda funny listening to my mama go off because I never heard her go off, let alone cuss.

Wait a damn minute—

She say pregnant?

"Ma, say, Eman got Monique pregnant?"

"Shit, forgot you was on the phone—but yeah. And we getting a DNA test, hell."

"Ian gone lie, I slapped the fuck outta Ty when I found out he was fucking these fast ass hoes. Dick ain't even done growing yet." I busted out laughing as Amber walked in.

"Who that?" Amber mouths to me. I show her the phone. She points at the unknown number, and I hold a finger up.

"Ty, don't be laughin' at yo friend. His mama is throwed."

"You laughin' and im so for real. Lia, who you fuckin' with anyway?" My eyes got buck, as I looked around.

"You'll see, honey." My mama saved me.

"Well, all I know is he better be worth gettin' kicked the fuck out."

"Speaking of that, I'm finna come get you. I'm like, on the way now."

"Don't buss none until I get there."

"You coming up here?" I asked her.

"Chile, I grabbed me some clothes when yo mama called me cussin' and hollerin early this mornin. Bout seven. You know it don't take nothin but like four hours. Anyway, where you at? We gotta meet up and remind Kev how we do this."

"Girl, lemme send you this address."

"Okay, send it. Lemme call you back—Quan callin me."

"Okay, Ty'Lia I'm headed yo way."

"K mama." I hung up and looked at Amber.

"The number was Quan's mama. Her and my mama is like best friends I guess."

"Oh, you—" She was cut off by her door slamming open.

"Where ya mama?" A dude asked in the doorway. He was talking to Amber but was eye raping me.

"Obviously not in here." I pretended to play on my phone, trying to to look at him.

"Watch yo fucking mouth."

"Nigga you like twenty-something." He stepped closer.

"That don't mean shit."

"Man, for real Quez. Get out, she probably slumped in the bathroom."

"That's aight. Tell her I said her time almost up. I'm coming to collect tonight." He leaned in and whispered something in her ear. I glanced over as he kissed her lips and she didn't kiss back.

"She got until nine." He left the room and closed the door behind him. I looked at her as she nervously played with her fingers. Before I could even say anything, she looked over at me.

"You can't tell nobody. Promise me." She told me.

"Amber—"

"Promise me." She stated as tears rolled down her face.