8

Ty'Lia|Ty

"Imma be back ma! I'm stepping out!"

"Where you goin'?" I heard my dad yell. I sighed so hard.

"To run some errands!" It wasn't a full lie. I looked at Quando as he sat in the running car. No response was my go. I shut the door and made my way to his car. He quickly pulled off, and I clicked my seatbelt.

"Now, where are you taking me again?"

"I gotta studio session in a minute, and I want you da come."

"Oh, okay." I just muttered. See, I wanted to flip this boy on his neck for taking me out of the house just to go to a studio. I got a paper that's due in two days, I could've finished in the time I was listening to him beg.

Only reason I didn't tell him to take me back was because I guess I been trying him lately and the last time I bucked, he told me that I "better shut up before he give me a reason to be crazy ". I did not take that lightly, therefore I shut up.

"Man, it ain't gone be that long. Imma bring yo ass back to work on that essay. You want some' to eat?" I nodded. I sighed, knowing imma have to meet some new people. Ian good with that shit at all. When he stopped and parked in front of a small building, I sighed.

"It's gone be some people already in there, so be nice."

"Ok."

"I'm serious."

"Me too." I opened the car door and sighed. He led me into the building. I felt like I looked like a little girl following his lead. We went into a room at the end of a long hallway. The room was dark because of the purple lights they had installed. The only sufficient light came from another room that had a bright light with a mic and a pair of headphones in the middle.

"Wassup famo." Some dude came up and did a handshake with Quando. He looked at me and nodded. I gave him a smile, which came kind of awkward. I scanned the room. There were two other dudes and a female sitting on the couches. Another dude was sitting at a board full of buttons and switches.

"Hey y'all." I decided to speak. Quando smirked at me. I got a bunch of replies back. I noticed the girl didn't speak. I shrugged, sitting down with him.

"You ready?" The dude at the board asked Quando. He nodded, getting up. His phone must've slipped from his pocket, because it was sitting on the sofa bright as day. I was about to hand it to him, but the door to the booth shut and it really wasn't that deep until it started ringing.

YB 💯
would like to FaceTime...

Should I answer it? I don't wanna be nosy...

"Hello?" I lied.

"Who this?" The guy showed his face in the camera, looking confused. It might be because all he sees are the purple lights.

"Um, you called first."

"Last time I checked, a nigga had this number. Witcho rude a—"

"Look, ion got time to be arguing with nobody son. Quando is in the booth, see?" I flipped the camera to show him. He smiled.

"I see big bro on his P's and Q's. You mus' be the bitch he fucking wit'?"

"Watch that." I snapped. He sucked his teeth.

"You know ian mean nothin' behind that. I mean it like is that yo nigga?"

"Yeah." We sat there and talked for a minute and surprisingly he was pretty cool. I've listened to a couple of his songs and I like them.