14

Najae|Shay

I felt terrible watching Ty'Lia. She was on FaceTime with a girl who she called Kel. I watched from across the room as Amber rubbed her back. I could see her lip quiver a little as she stopped talking.

"I know you don't wanna hear that, but I gotta say it. Niggas ain't shit!" I heard Kel say. They didn't talk long because Ty complained about being sleepy. Of course Amber laid down with her and comforted her and stuff like that.

It wasn't that I didn't care, I just hadn't a girl friend since 5th grade. I learned that I should just fuck off on a bitch that pisses me off—and I just now had seen the flaw in that. A knock on the door caught our attention.

"I got it." I say lowly, walking towards the door. "Who that?"

"Quan." I snatch the door open and push him back. He stumbled back as I stepped out and put my heel against the door.

"What the fuck?"

"You bastard ass—"

"Damn, you had to say that?"

"Shut up!" I whisper yell. "You sliming like that, big bruh?"

"The fuck is you talking about? Move the fuck around, Shay." He pushed the door open and made his way past me.
*

Ty'Lia|Ty

I heard Quando's voice and I jumped out of the bed, walking straight to the balcony. I gripped the balcony and looked out to the beach with blurry vision. The sliding door opened and shut.

"Bae?" I continued to stare out, because he clearly wasn't talking to me. I crossed my arms as I watched the waves crash. I felt his arms wrap around me and I nudge him off with an elbow.

"Wassup witchu?" He asked, stepping away. I turned around. I didn't wanna cry, but I had tears down my face.

"You know wassup with me? You! Fuck you, fuck that bitch You was fucking earlier, and fuck this trip! I'm going home!"

"The fuck you talking about—"

"I'm talking about HOW I CALLED YOU EARLIER AND A FEMALE ANSWERED THAT SHIT! YOU WANNA EXPLAIN THAT SHIT?"

"I lost my phone."

"I lOsT mY pHoNe—You lying. So your ex girlfriend just happened to sTeAl it?"

"What ex? How you know it was my ex?"

"Shay told me."

"Shay!" He opened the door and left me outside. I turned to face the ocean again, letting the tears flow. I took in a small breath, and it sounded like I was hyperventilating. I sat down on the deck and bit my lip. I wiped my face but it did no good. The door opened again.

"He went to go look for his phone."

"I figured." I answered to Shay's voice. She sat down beside me. The strong smell of weed filled my nose.

"You smoke? Never mind, I know the answer." I looked over as she took a hit.

"Wanna learn?" She asked. "I didn't feel shit my first time." She let the smoke blow through her nose.

"No, thank you." I turned it down, even though I kind of did. "Where Amber go?"

"I don't know." She whispered. It was quiet for a minute.

"Lemme show you something."
*

Amber|BB

"Tell me." I tell Quando as we speed down the road. When I saw him rush past I followed him.

"Ain't shit to tell." He tells me.

"Bullshit." I sucked my teeth. "That's bullshit."

"No its not."

"It is."

"It ain't."

"It IS!" I protested.

"You sound like a lil ass kid."

"You fucking act like one." We were silent for a while.

"That girl...ain't her name Diamond or something?"

"How you know that name?"

"Did you fuck her? Tonight? Like, that's all I need to know, then I'll leave you alone. Promise."

"Why?" He asked dryly.

"Because the last thing I wanted to happen, is for my best friend to be hurt. Now that she is, I wanna know why. From you." More silence.

"She sucked my dick." I shook my head and chuckled.

"You broke my best friend's heart and you didn't even get pussy?"

"Broke her heart?" He asked softly.

"Broke her heart."
*

Najae|Shay

"Shaaaaaay!" I looked Ty as she jumped up and down on the bed. I kind of convinced her to smoke...and drink with me.

"What?" I laughed at her when she flopped on the bed.

"Nothing." She giggled and laid back on the bed. She eventually sat up and stared of into space. I stared at her and bit my lip. She was pretty as hell.

"You wanna play a game?"

"Ooou! I like games." She sat on the floor quickly.

"It's called Never Have I Ever." After explaining the game and six of my fingers down later, she got my ass again.

"Never have I ever..." She licked her lips and leaned in. "Kissed a girl." I sucked my teeth and put my index finger down.

"Funny."

"I know." I got to looking at her lips and shiiddd.
It was fuck Quan for a minute.

"You tryna change that?" She looked up at me.

"What?" She asked in a ditz/drunk way. I scooted closer.

"I said...are you trying to change that?"

"But, that's gay." She jokes.

"I know." I inched closer and pecked her lips. That wasn't enough. I gave her a deeper kiss, tasting the liquor on her breath. I pulled away and licked my lips. A knock at the door pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at her as she went back off into Lalaland.

"You...can't tell nobody." I put a finger over my lips, putting my face in front of hers. She just giggled.

"W-who is it?" I asked.

"Amber and Quan." I opened the door and stepped back.

"Ew, when you started wearin' lipstick?" Quan flicked my lip and my heart started beating fast.

"Bae!" Quan yelled. I looked back as I wiped the dark red tint of my lips.

"What?" I sighed and closed my eyes. You could tell she was drinking from first glance.

"The fuck, you drunk?" She looked up at him, and I watched his facial expression change.

Shit.

____________________

Do you think Ty should forgive Quan?

Is Shay wrong for kissing Ty?

What you think?

Comment & Vote 💙