3

Ty'Lia|Ty

"Why in the world are you calling me this early in the morning?" I rubbed my eyes as I talked to Amber.

"Because it's Friddayyyy! Aaand I think I left my wallet in your car, can you check before I start tearing my room up?"

"On it." I yawned as I got out of the chair and walked outside. I sucked my teeth when I looked down at my right front tire—a flat."

"Crap. I gotta flat." I mumble to her as I get in the car. I found her wallet and went back in the house, informing my mom of the flat tire.

"Neeva and Calvin are gonna have to catch the buses. Hurry up, both of y'all. The elementary school bus pulls up in a couple of minutes." The high school bus was already gone, leaving me and Quade looking stupid.

"Y'all can ride with me and Monique." Eman suggested. I twisted my lips.

"Uh, Monique doesn't like me, and I don't want her to feel uncomfortable, so I think I'm gonna try to catch somebody before they get to school." I shrugged.

"What about you, Quad?"

"I'm riding with Monique." He said quickly. He had a crush on Monique. I chuckled and sat down, scrolling through my contacts. Cal and Neeva got on the bus, Monique came and left, and I was still at home looking stupid.

"Hey, What about Tyquian?" Mama asked, putting a hand in front of her mouth as she chewed.

"What about him?" I do the same.

"Ask him to take you to school, duh." She had a weird glint in her eye.

"Uh...I don't think—"

"Well baby, you can't stay from school. I do not wanna hear your brother nem mouth."

"Where Kelsey?" I asked curiously.

"She didn't even come in last night. I guess she crashed at a friends. Who knows?" I shrugged.

"Why can't you take me? Or I can take your car..."

"I don't feel like leaving and I have a doctor's appointment. Go, I love you." She blows me a kiss.

"Love you too." I almost whimper and I get up. I go up the steps and my heart beats fast. Faster than I'd like, I ended up in front of his door, knocking three times.

"Come in." I heard him groan from the other side. I opened the door, trying to get over the feeling of nervousness.

"Hey, good morning..." I tell him as he moves under the covers.

"Good morning." He mumbled back, eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry I had to come wake you up, but I got a flat tire and I need a ride to school. Can you take me?" I spoke fast. He took a deep breath as he sat up. He nodded and pushed the covers back.

"I gotchu." He swung his legs over the side of the bed. I looked around awkwardly and happen to look at him again. He had on some Tommy Hilfiger boxers.

I love Hilfiger, I thought as he got up. He turned towards me and grabbed some gray sweatpants. I averted my eyes casually when I caught a glimpse of his—

"Aight, le's go." He grabbed his keys.

"Um, youn wanna shirt? It's kinda cold."

"I like the cold." He smirked as he brushed past me to lead me out.

"See you later, ma." I called out to her as we went out the door. I followed him and got in to the passenger side. I scrolled on my phone as he got in and shut the door. He started scrolling on his phone and all of a sudden, the car speakers turned on and made a noise. Then, music started playing as he backed out of the driveway.