31

Ty'Lia|Ty

"Lets go—Cheat on my girl, imma fuck on that hoe. If I go broke, imma stick up a sto'. If you go to school, go straight with a pole. Bet not let a nigga come step on you, no. Got brand new shoes, don't step on my toes. I'm ready to fight with a nigga or hoe. I leave out class cause I gotta go, I'm getting head in the bathroom." I mumble and hum to the music as I put the vacuum cleaner back in the closet. Me and Quan's mama came back this morning and been getting on my nerves about little shit and now wanna hold civil conversations.

"TyTy, you ready for college?" His mama asked me.

"Yes ma'am." I told her, sighing.

"Where you going?"

"Clark." I said, sitting down on the sofa.

"You got them sheets you needed?" My mama asked.

"Ma, you know I don't." I said, laying a hand on my forehead.

"We'll go get em later." She told me, making me nod. I heard the shower cut off and grabbed my phone. A couple songs later, a song I didn't recognize started playing. I scrunched my face up when I heard 'Quando Rondo Nigga'. Must be unreleased, because I swear I would at least recognize it.

"Whew chile, this my shit!" His mama yelled, going over to the stereo and cutting it up. I wondered why I didn't recognize it.

It's just the life before fame
Na na na, na na, na na, ayy, ayy
Quando Rondo nigga
My mama asked me how it feel to be in this position
To be honest, mama, this just the beginning.
And she say baby don't you stop 'til you at the finish
Don't forget you came a long way from them trenches

"Who playing this?" Quan came from the back, shirtless and tooth brush in his mouth. He looked like he just woke up, looking mean.

"It jus' came on."

"Must be usin my phone?" He asked, looking around.

"Yeah." He snatched it up off the sofa and the song cut off.

"Nig—cut it back on."

"Ma!" He scrunched his face up, whining.

"Turnthatshitbackthefuckonbeforeistompyoskinnyass." She said through her teeth.

"Mama, how you gon—"

"You think I'm playing? I will flip you, don't play." He sucked his teeth and put the song back on. He was about to walk off, but his mama called him.

"Bring yo ass back in here when you done. Hate when you do that pouting shit!" She told him, and he huffed as he went into the bathroom. He had a sour look on his face, and kept glancing at me as the song played.

Niggas be killing bout bitches
And killers turn into snitches
Joe lost his life to the system
Good niggas always fall victim
These niggas snakes filled with venom
Plenty nights we'n have dinner
Pistol stuck tight to my denim
Ralphie lost his life just last winter
It seem like nowadays, real and fake don't get separated
Charges in another county pending, I'm still fighting cases
They say I changed up, once I came up I just elevated
I was full of pain bruh, I fucked around and fell in love with Jaiden
If we ain't beefing—

(So Genius say that he said the word "jadin'". I don't think that's right but we gone pretend he said Jaiden)

Wait, what?

I looked over at him and he was looking around like he was lost. So boom, I'm lost too.

"Awww, you must got a girl back in Savannah?" I played stupid, smiling like a dummy.