15

Ty'Lia|Ty

The next morning, I woke up with the biggest headache. The ringing in my ears made it worse.

Oh wait, that's my phone.

I picked it up and answered it after putting my headphones in.

"HELLO?" I'm pretty sure they were talking like a regular person, but HELL. I think it was up full blast. I groaned as I clicked the volume down.

"Hello, hey mama?" I squinted as my head pounded.

"Hey baby! How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm good."

"That's good. Fun trip?"

"It's great! Yeah, makes me wanna stay longer." I say half heartedly.

"Oh really? You should!"

"I-I should? I should." Not too enthusiastic about that.

"Yeah, you seemed really happy by that video you sent me last night." I raised an eyebrow.

"Video?" I clicked the home button and went to our messages. I clicked on the video and it was me...drunk. I was laughing a lot, but I told her that I missed her. Luckily, I didn't catch the liquor bottle we were drinking out of, or any drugs.

"Yeah, remember? With that girl?"

"Oh, yeah! Shay, that's the girl."

"Mhm. When'd you meet her?"

"I met her the...first day I was out here. Through Quando, 'course. His ugly self." I bit my lip. I heard mama laugh quietly.

"You look at him like he cute to you." I sighed.

"Mama, ew."

"Ew, nothing. You like him."

"Whatever. It's never gonna happen." I started playing with my hands.

"He likes you too."

"His actions don't show it."

"Yes they do. And boys are weird." I laughed.

"That too." I bit my lip. I heard a baby start crying.

"Well, lemme get these kids washed up. Call you later, baby."

"Bye, mama." I hung up and grabbed my purse, snatching the pill bottle up from it. I'm not addicted to pills but if I keep getting hungover I will be. A loud knock at the door made me hiss.

"Who is it?"

"Quan." I just went back to what I was doing. I took the pill and sat up.

"I'm sorry." I heard from behind the door. I didn't answer. After taking a shower, I called an Uber to a car rental place. The door opened, showing Amber, Shay, and Quando pushed his way in. For some reason, Quan was mean mugging Shay.

"Hey Amber. Hey Shay."  I say, being petty.

"Ty..." Quando once again tried to get my attention as I got a text saying the Uber was outside. I brushed past him, telling the others that I'd be back.

"You can't ignore me forever. Imma either grow back on you or get on ya nerves, ya feel me?" I continue on and open the car door.

"Good morning." I speak as the other side slams shut. I suck my teeth and look out the window.

"You know I love you, right?" I don't know why this fool pushing so hard.

"Why you so pissed off at me? I did lose my phone, the crazy bitch took it."