4

Tyquian|Quando

"It's two bedrooms, two and a half baths..." The lady started explaining as she walked through the condo. I been to so many complexes today, this shit ain't even funny.

"It comes fully furnished, like this." She points out as we go to the back halls. I followed her into a bedroom.

"This is the master bedroom." She says, flipping on the lights. We walk into the bathroom and she flicks on the lights in there.

"We have dual sinks with a clean finish, the toilet is in an isolated area, and we have a separate shower and bathtub. The bathtub has functioning warmers and jets." She states, letting me look through. I chuckle, thinking about my crazy ass old friend Shay. She used to always give too much information, that was why she was funny.

"Shay, why yo fine ass ain't got a man yet?" Duke asked her as she dribbled an old basketball.

"Cause Ion need no nigga for shit but dick. Sometimes ion even need that, cause the shower head do me just fine." Duke's jaw dropped, but I just looked at her.

"What that got to do with it?" Obviously, a nigga was confused. She just smirked, then finally told me why.

"Y'all females nasty, cuz." I shook my head.

"Boy, at least it's clean—unlike some of y'all lil dusty dick havin' lil boys running around here." I busted out laughing.

"Yeen talm bout me, Cause my shit ain't little or dusty. And I put that on yo life." She just rolled her eyes.

"Whateva."

We got done with the rest of the tour kinda quickly.

"Any questions?" I shook my head.

"Alright! You know where to call me if you decide on any of the places I showed you today. You call me, and we'll be signing the papers in no time. Have a nice rest of the day."

"You too." I tell her, pulling my car key from my pocket.
*

Thinking about Shay earlier made me wanna call her. She answered after a couple of rings.

"Wassam, thot pocket?" I asked as I laid back.

"If you gone call me insulting me, I'm finna hang the fuck up." I sucked my teeth.

"Take a joke."

"Still here, ain't I? Wassup?" She was walking somewhere, I couldn't tell where cause all I could see was the sky.

"Nothin'. I was thinkin' bout you today cuz."

"Oh yeah? What you thought about me, buz?"

"Stop playin' all yo life. But I was doin' a walkthrough of a condo today. I think imma get that bih. But anyway, the lady was tellin' me bout how the tub got jets—tell me why I thought about that time we was sittin' on Duke porch." She busted out laughing.

"Oh hell nawl, you remember that? On God I wigged." She said, still laughing.

"Hell yeah."

"I wasn't lying though. But anyways, how's Atlanta? Tell me all about it."

"I already know imma like living here, on God. Everything straight so far. You know how I tol' you mama wanted me to stay wit' these folks? They cool as hell, I thought they was finna be strict as fuck."

"Why?"

"Cause, mama was quick as hell da say that they church folks. I'm like 'broooo.' But they ended up bein' cool. They got a fine ass daughter, too. I wanna turn ha ass out, really." I licked my lips.