19

Tyquian|Quando

I felt bad making Ty cry, but I didn't feel bad for killing that nigga. It ain't like she been holed up in her room all day, she actually been out with us, just quiet.

"Bath & BodyWorks having a sale, y'all wanna go?" Amber asked from the front seat.

"Hell nawl, fuck we look like?" I mugged her.

"What? They got men's shit. Y'all niggas love walking around smelling like kush and unemployment." Everybody busted out laughing except for me and Ty. She had her headphones in. I took one out.

"You wanna go to Bath & BodyWorks? Flip that muhfuckin' store out."

"Whatever y'all wanna do." She said in a flat tone, taking her earbud back and putting it in.

"I wish she'd get out her bag." I mumbled.

"How you gone feel if one of ya hoes die? She hurtin', cuz." Baby told me, stopping at a red light.

"Ya feel me? Quan expect her to bounce back quick as fuck and suck his dick. That girl don't damn want you." Shay said.

"And she want you? She wasn't drunk and high when she was moaning my name, she want me when she sober!"

"Y'all chill." Amber said, mugging us.

"My nigga, you gone keep bringing that up? I was gone off my shit too, nigga!"

"When I came in that room, she was pissy drunk—right or wrong?" I asked Amber. She nodded.

"Can y'all stop talking about me like I'm not here? At least wait until I'm gone." She asked in the same tone. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"We sorry." She didn't even push me off, she just sat there.

"Pathetic as fuck, mane." Shay laughed. I just acted like I didn't hear her because I really hate to have to beat the shit outta my day 1 like she a nigga. When we got in the store, I was expecting her to hold up the wall, but she was actually going around and picking shit out.

"How this smell to you?"

"It smell good. You gone get it?" She nodded, walking off. I went behind her, quietly watching as she spritzed perfume on the testing strips.

"You know what, Tyquian?"

"What?"

"Life is like way too short to be holding grudges and stuff."

She finna take me back? She finna take me back!

"True."

"And it's also too short to not get what you want."

"That's true too." I agreed.

"You did me dirty."

"I put this on my Grandaddy grave, I'm sorry and it ain't gone ever happen again." She took in a deep breath, looked at some lotion in the bin.

"I forgive you, but I won't forget what you did." She said softly, and I nodded.

"So...we back on?"

"...I guess." I smiled.

"Coo'." I watched as she continued to shop. She had a basket full of stuff and was quiet as she walked to the counter. I put some money in her pocket, walking away before she tried to give it back.

"Whatchu smilin' so hard for?" Baby asked.

"We back together." I shrugged.

"You told her you killed Damien, right?" Shay asked.