29

Ty'Lia|Lia

"Ugh, I hate her bro. She make me wanna turn the whole channel." I roll my eyes, turning up the TV. "Where you finna go?"

"Spin the block. We be back."

"Y'all really leaving me alone with two babies?"

"It ain't gone take none but like a hour." They said as they went out the door. I sucked my teeth and sat back on the sofa. My mama and his decided to take off to Florida. They wilding.

So here I was, stuck with the twins. I called Amber on FaceTime.

"Waddup bae?" She answered the phone.

"Best, don't you know these folks left me with the twins?"

"On God? They dirty as hell."

"Right! You wanna come help me?"

"Now you know I ain't good with kids."

"This a good time to get good." She sucked her teeth.

"See, that why I don't like yo ass. You be making valid points and shit. I'll be over there in a minute."

"Cool. How you getting over here?"

"Uber. Matta-fact lemme order that now." She said, putting me on pause.
*

"I'm not ready for this." She mumbled, grabbing a bottle from the end table.

"You got people here to help you."

"I know, and I appreciate y'all, but I'm scared as shit." She said, looking at me.
*

Tyquian|Quando

"Boy you a fool!" I laughed at Louiee when he took off running from a blue pit. Fool kept messing with him. I hit the blunt and passed it to Quade.

"Lemme hit." Some lil girl that been tryna talk to him since we got out here. He been curving the shit out her too.

"Bit—Girl get out my face."

"Why you actin' like that?"

"Cause you aggravating." He mumbled, holding in some smoke and passing it to me.

"I wa'nt aggravating while we was texting." I hit.

"I couldn't hea' yo voice through the bubbles. Guess I shoulda took them long paragraphs 'bout nothing as you talk too damn much." I started coughing and she sucked her teeth.

"You capped up, bro."

"Man, gone! Let me be that, blowing my lil ass high." He bucked, making me bust out laughing as she stomped off. I flicked the blunt and hit it again. Louiee finally jumped on the sidewalk and sat down beside us.

"Rena!" He said, out of breath. "You need—to control—yo demon!" He pointed at Rena as she clutched the dog's chain. I heard sirens in the distance as I handed the blunt off.

"I told you—he don't bite!" She was out of breath too.

"Aye lil nigga." JJ stuck his head out of the door and gestured to Quade. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Rena tense up. He handed Quade something and then went back in the house. What the hell? I looked over at him.

"I be runnin'. You'll take me to the east side, though?" He asked.

"Nigga—how? Every time I see yo ass, you in the house."

"It ain't no 24/7 thing." He shrugged. I shake my head at him.

"AYE, TWELVE!" Somebody from the backstreet yelled for everybody to hear. But it was too late to pull off on them, because they turned the corner as soon as we got up. We heard the car doors open.