Shelly - Sister's Wedding 8c

EIGHT-c

Shelly – Sister's Wedding

The next evening was the wedding rehearsal. We received a few instructions on marching down the middle aisle and where to stand. The church community provided the meal. Dak Akura had been watching Chris all evening, and he returned the looks. Their eyes spoke, the mouths remained silent, but their hearts moved closer.

As for Deloris and me, we kept our focus on Brit. He seemed unaware that each of us were following his every move. Dak Akura, Momma Ling Noy, Aunt Nang Chom, Chris and Brit were in deep conversation. Brit waved his arm at me and motioned for me to join the group.

Ling Noy was adamant that a good single Thai girl did not travel without chaperones and they were never alone with a male. The whole family including aunts, uncles and cousins would be there. If they were going to eat at a restaurant, the male friend would pay for everyone. That would show Jai Dee (ใจดี – Good Heart.)

Brit was to negotiate the terms. It seems Chris had invited Dak Akura to the Cadet First Class Ball (similar to the Senior Prom.) Most of the ones invited were engaged to the cadet that asked her. He would pay for the first class air-fair for Dak Akura. Ling Noy and Aunt Nang Chom insisted it was improper. Chris look sad and Dak Akura was crying.

Chris could not afford First Class Tickets for twenty to thirty people. In the few days they were together in Chiang Mai he did all that he could to appease our extended family. Even when they went to the movies, he paid the way for every-one.

What Brit proposed seemed to satisfy all concerned. He looked at Ling Noy, and said in Thai, "Momma you know I love you and Dak Akura. I can vouch for Chris' integrity. He is not wealthy like us.

You and Aunt Nang Chom travel on the Corporate Jet to Los Angeles often on business. I believe that you own a five star Crystal Dragon Ski Resort near Colorado Springs. I know for a fact that the Inn is only half full that time of the year."

Mom was nodding her head the whole time as Brit continued, "While there, Chris' family will invite us to their house for a Colorado style Bar-B-Que lunch. You can peer into their eyes and see love blooming like you and Dad, or like Aunt Nang Chom and Uncle Jerry Lee. What do you say?"

I told my mother, "It sounds good to me. We can see how Chris lives and retain Thai standards. I will be glad to go for support. We can even take Son of Dog with us. That will make Brit happy!"

Momma laughed and hugged Chris, and said in Thai, "Welcome to the family!" He was somewhat surprised and grinned like a child with his hand in the cookie jar. He looked at Brit as if to say, "What happened?" Brit whispered, "Tell you later."

I knew that Momma had seen Dak Akura and Chris in a vision getting married. She had also pictured Brit and me separating!

"I know it hurts darling. That is all the prediction shows. You are clearly at the altar in my revelation, but the person next to you fades away and disappears."