Brit - Known but Unknown Part 22a

TWENTY-TWO-a

Brit – Known but Unknown

I am known for my boxing, kicking ability and athletic body. The comic books model my likeness and fighting name of Smooth Thunder. However, only a small group know that the products I invent touch the lives of every person in the world. My business name, Dr. Brittan Matthews, may be found in several engineering and manufacturing journals and listed as the author of a few text books. I am invited to lecture at universities world-wide, but most do not realize I am the same person.

I like it that way. It makes my family life simpler and calmer. It is amazing that my son resembles me. It is reasonable to think he is my biological son. They assume his dark skin is from being in the sun. He watches my fighting films and mimics the moves in my comic books. He knows more techniques than I do. We strut together with our chests puffed out showing our relaxed nature. He knows what brings a smile to my face.

Song Brit is excited every-time we see each other. It happens if we have been apart for only a few minutes. Life around him challenges my mind and my heart. He is exploring like other kids his age. Shelly says that the bond between my son and me is strong and strange.

Bragging on his ability to read, write and speak English and Thai inspires him to work harder. The task of Daddy takes on a new meaning for me. Shelly feels the same aspect. We both want to be good role models.

Grandma Yai Yeem – An Asset

Grandma Yai Yeem is like a general. She is self-sufficient. Her nephew and family have moved into the little house behind us. We do not charge any rent. He has transformed our yard into a majestic flower, fruit and vegetable garden paradise. Grandma has him doing odd jobs for us and will not allow him to receive any pay. She commands him and his family with strict direction. At the same time, she is very loving and giving.

The nephew is known as Thum Baub Suen (ต้นแบบสวน - master gardener.) Several families in the community hire him to renovate their yards. His business keeps him smiling. Grandma Yai Yeem calls him her little boy even though he is in his forties.

Her face is softer. She speaks stronger, and her energy level is that of a younger woman. The neighbors accept her as a wise sage. They seek her advice on personal, family and business matters. Under her tutelage little Brit has blossomed.

With Song Brit and Grandma Yai Yeem active in the house, it appears that Shelly and I have more tender time. Our love is gentle yet robust. The time we were apart is a vague memory. There is no animosity lingering between us. We are excited about the changes in our lives.