Shelly - Fear and Pride 10b

TEN-b

Shelly – Fear and Pride

His assignment sounds dangerous. When General Green was explaining it, a horrific alert hit my system. However, mystery surrounds it. My father will not give me many details.

He indicated that the General should not have spoken so openly. Daddy said, "Brit belonged to a bright brave band of men who would approach battle carefully." The concept instilled a chill surrounding me.

"Why did they pick this battle for Brit?"

"We usually do not pick battles. The fight has a way of finding us. We can plan all we want. Yet, there are always challenges we do not conceive.

Brit thinks differently than other men. He retrieves all the data (facts,) and can envision a dozen solutions instantly. Then he will select the best method that will work. His ability to speak several languages fluently is why he was chosen."

That did not ease my mind. My thoughts were projecting awful scenarios! At the same time, I was hoping for the best. I received a phone call from Brit, saying, "Hey, sweetheart. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I miss you."

"Miss you also. How are your classes? Momma says you like my classes with the assistants teaching."

"They remind us they are teaching from your notes, but we have modified some of your products for use in Thailand. We are creating Woks and Thai Charcoal Stoves with stronger and cheaper materials using aluminum with modified ceramic coatings. They heat better with a better distribution of warmness. Several production firms in Northeast Thailand are already producing the newer version of the products."

"It's wonderful to know that the people in my class are helping others cost-effectively. I have read that parts of Colorado are receiving snow."

"Yes, we received some last night in Colorado Springs, but only half an inch. It reminds me of my home in New Jersey when I was a little girl."

"Just called to let you know that everything is okay! I don't want you to worry!"

"When are you coming home?"

"Soon, I love you. I have to go. My moment in phone time has expired. Love you!" (Clink!)

The time was short. There were a dozen questions that were left unanswered. At least he was able to get through to me. His voice created a tranquility that was needed.

"Hello, this is Laam Kaa. May I help you."

"Yes! I'm Shelly's Mom. Is she home?"

"Tell her I called. Brit has been hurt. We do not know the extent of his injury. The doctors are working with him as we speak."