Brit - The Arrival Part 24

TWENTY-FOUR

Brit – The Arrival

Two men were replacing the door. My Quam Suk and Shelly were bantering jokes about what had happened. I was puzzled as they explained that Grandma, Song Brit and Son of Dog saved the day.

Legend of the Gin Meows and the Hmongs

Not all Meows are the same. There are many subgroups of Meows. The Hmongs are probably a subclass of Meow women and Han men. The Gin Meows consider themselves an ancient royal linage. As folk-lore would have it, battles in which several Meow War lords fought against each other almost two thousand two hundred years ago put the Gin Meows in superior position.

They raided villages in South China, East Burma, North Laos and North Siam (later becoming Thailand) where they secured slave labor for their rice and poppy production These communities were mostly Hmong, and the various countries did not have the resources nor the desire to fight the Gins.

Offspring of the Gin Meows discovered simple methods of producing opium extracts by 1740. They learned that selling these low-price drug creations yielded a greater income and subdued the populations they use to raid. They would load large bags of the drugs on to mules. Perhaps two hundred mules at a time in what they called a mule train. In the early 1900s larger cities and population areas began to resist. Thailand created laws against the sale of opium related drugs and mule trains.

Each Gin Meow run used less and less animals, because of the advent of selective border crossings. The borders were secured by a combination of Royal Thai Army patrols and border guards. The Gin Meows switched to penetrating boundaries through mountain trails with smaller mules or donkeys, trains and a greater force of Meow mercenaries.

These criminals are feared by local populations. From the 1940s the Gin Meows have exploited the drug culture and sex slave trade by raiding small villages.

Their descendants that live in Thailand gravitate to organized crime through the Pink Handkerchief Gang. Originally, they wore black suits with pink handkerchiefs in the coat pocket, but now they dress like Thais or rich Chinese merchants.

As people in Thailand become more aware of Chinese crime members; they are reported to the proper authorities. Law-abiding Chinese do not want them in their communities and are reporting on the criminal element anonymously. The gangs are being depleted as a result.

The news medias are describing the way these thugs look and act. They make a plea for a safer life. The head of Royal Thai Intelligence Agency made a public appeal and thanked those for their helpful information.