1

Rose

Six months later

I let my warm salty tears fall down my already damp cheeks as I watch the film in complete silence. Apart from my own sobbing and occasional sniff, I know I'm wallowing in my own self-pity. That I need to remind myself that my life is good, I have everything that I have worked hard for. The love of my life didn't freeze to death in the middle of the North Atlantic. But he might as well have. Anything is probably better then catching your best friend in bed with him.

My bedroom door swings open and slams against the wall with a loud thud, but I keep my eyes glued to the screen. I can feel her watching me, Darcy's blue eyes studying me carefully from the doorway. "Rose, you should be getting ready." Her comment short, but I know she's trying not to laugh at my pathetic state. I turn my head from the TV to meet her stare, her lips twitching as she struggles to keep her smile hidden. I roll my eyes at her before bringing my attention back on the film.

"I'm just watching a film, calm yourself." I scoff.

"No, you need to shower and get ready." Darcy proceeds to enter my room, stepping in front of the beautiful Leonardo DiCaprio, with her eyebrows raised. She knows either way she will win this battle, even though there is no battle to be won, I'm going out and I look forward to it. I lean my body slightly, trying to get around her slim figure to catch the film playing behind her.

"Why can't I have Jack? Why am I not that Rose?" I point at the beautiful Kate Winslet being kissed by Jack in a state of panic for the sinking ship. I really am a stupid girl, it's almost impossible not to laugh at my own stupidity.

I'm losing my mind.

"Count yourself lucky you're not that Rose." Chloe makes herself known, I take my eyes off the TV once again as I watch Chloe approach Darcy at the end of my bed. She's wrapped in a towel with her dark brown hair dripping wet, I cross my arms over my chest. I just want to be left alone to watch the rest of the film in peace before I get ready.

"We are going out doll, now go shower." Darcy marches over to me, gripping my ankles tight and tugging me off the bed, holding onto my duvet to keep myself from falling but it doesn't help. I'm on the floor in seconds with Darcy towering over me, she's laughing at me.

"Rose, you don't need to have sex tonight, just come out." Chloe's face full of amusement, she doesn't believe it though. Ever since I caught Theo and Lauren, I've fallen down a twisted spiral of alcohol and sex with random lads and I can't get back up.

"I don't want to be this girl anymore, Theo was the only boy I had ever slept with, well besides Wayne but that doesn't count. Now I'm a woman whore with double digits." I pull a disgusted face at the thought of the guys I've had sex with in the last six months.

"Hey, that's also an insult to me!" Darcy bends down and slaps my naked arm, I sit up on my elbows ignoring her.

"Okay so you're both sluts! Now Rose, please come." Chloe sits on the edge of my bed. I slowly stand and walk over to my bedroom mirror; taking in my appearance seems to get harder with each day that passes. I look horrendous. My blonde hair greasy and shoved up into a messy bun. My eyes bloodshot with heavy bags making me look like I've been punched in the face. My black strap top all creased and my baggy tracksuit bottoms in need of a wash.

"We are going to Lust, I told you about its last Sunday." Darcy steps in front of me, her hands reach out and taking both my shoulders she shakes me aggressively. I push her away with a pretty weak scowl. I know getting ready will make me look and feel better, looking like a wreck on the weekends is normal.

"Okay, let me get ready." I mumble to myself, not looking at either of them.

"Good now get in that shower you look homeless." Chloe shoves me towards my bathroom, I step in as she slams it shut behind me. I know I'm acting stubborn, I enjoy my nights out but I also know I need to stop what I'm doing. It's not helping me get over him. Turning on the shower I strip my clothes off as I wait for the water to heat up.