20

Rose

"You know last night he tried to end things with me." Emily blurts out; I almost choke on my coffee as I lean up against the kitchen counter. She plays with her fingers, her face full of emotion. I wait for the perfect moment to answer whilst I wait for Claire to finish making a coffee; once she leaves, I walk over to the round table and sit opposite her.

"So, you didn't break up?" I ask her, slightly confused.

"No, the power of seduction keeps a man coming back." She wiggles her eyebrows, I'm taken back. That doesn't work but I can't tell her that.

"So, you are still together?" I question her again, trying to really understand the situation.

"We aren't together but it's getting close, I think." She answers; I nod my head like I understand. So, they have sex and hang out, but they're not exclusive? It almost sounds familiar, without the sex part, yet.

"Has he said he likes you?" I ask her again.

"Yes, but that was like two weeks ago now, he will be mine." I try not to laugh at her confidence, I don't understand this girl, I like her but sometimes I just want her to shut up. Just because she can seduce the bloke does not mean he will stay around, unfortunately.
Turning off my computer I slide my heels back on, picking up my handbag ready to just get home.

"Night girl." Emily waves at me as she crosses the office, I wave back. I stay behind for a few more minutes, hoping to dodge her.

Ping

Text Message [From: Luca] I'm outside x

I smile to myself as I walk out of the lift and through the bright building reception, through the glass windows I can see him. Standing outside with a cigarette in his mouth, a proud smile plastered on his face. Taking a few deep breaths, I step out into the cool air, the smell of smoke and aftershave hit my nostrils as I approach him.
"Hello beautiful." He smiles down at me, I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me in by the waist holding me tight.

"Well this is a surprise, I have to say." I tell him as keeps a firm hold on my waist. We let go of each other, I watch him smoke the cigarette before he puts it out.

"Your place or mine?" He asks with a wink, I slap his chest. He bursts out laughing before cupping my face.

"Is that all I am to you?" I joke with him; his face relaxes instantly as his eyes look into mine. His thumb lightly stroking my cheek.

"No, not at all." He gives me a warm smile. Do I believe him? Should I believe him?

"Good." I say. Smiling up at him as he lets go of my face, he links his hand in mine. Walking towards his parked car, I can't help the butterflies in my stomach.

"Can I take you out for dinner Rose?" He stops by the passenger side door, looking at me. His topaz eyes shining in the sunlight, how could I ever say no to him? That thought alone scares the crap out of me.

"I don't see why not." I answer, trying to keep it casual and not act like I'm jumping up and down inside like a little girl.
Once he begins to drive, I watch out of the window as we descend further and further out of the city, I don't question him. The city lights disappear as we arrive in a town I've only heard about, Sevenoaks.
"This looks cute." I say to him as he turns down the radio, he nods in response.

Parking his car outside a gorgeous restaurant, fairy lights twinkling outside. The weather still warm as the sunset beautifully lighting up the sky with bright purples and pinks. We step inside the little cottage, it's tepid and cosy. Luca asks if we can sit out in the back garden, the hostess agrees and leads us through the restaurant. A tree in the centre of the garden, sparkling as fairy lights wrap around the trunk.