2

Rose

I don't care if people watch, if people snicker or whisper rude remarks. My body moist with sweat, I feel free and happy, not a worry in the world. My girls dancing beside me, my brother only a few feet away with his friends.

"Rose, I know you said you don't want to sleep with someone tonight, but please take him home." Darcy whispers, grabbing hold of my shoulders and knocking me out of my daze. Confused, surprised I look at her with a very enthusiastic Chloe next to her.

"Who the hell are you talking about?" I ask, she rolls her eyes and leans in closer so I can hear her clearly.

"That guy staring at you, he's standing next to Daniel." She whispers into my ear, I can just about hear her over the music. I look over at Daniel and that's when I spot Luca watching me, his beautiful eyes studying me with no shame whatsoever. His strong features tense, a devious smirk forms onto his gorgeous god like face. Taking my eyes off him quickly, I lean into both of my girls making a circle.

"Not a chance in fucking hell! Are you both mad?!" I yell at them, their faces confused at my sudden reaction. He's my brother's friend which is a strict no and has been for years, plus how could somebody like him even want a broken mess like me?

"Why the fuck not? I will judge you!" Chloe yells over, I'm slightly taken back. She's not the kind of girl to just sleep around like Darcy and I. She doesn't really judge us, but she has had a few words with us when Darcy brought two men back to the flat with her. Neither me nor Chloe got any sleep that night.

"Now I'm really confused, since when have you been okay with one-night stands?" I question her whilst trying not to laugh. I can tell that Darcy's amused as I give Chloe a questioning look, waiting for her to answer.

"Since that beautiful boy first looked at you, Rose he hasn't taken his eyes off you since." Confident with her answer. My heart skips a beat, she must be joking? Of course, she is. Like I said, why would he want a broken mess? I obviously hide it well.

"He's still looking!" I hear Darcy over the music, rolling my eyes I try to forget about it. I know they're only being supportive. The last thing I need is someone like him in my life, Theo broke me so hard I don't think I could ever fall in love again and I just know that Luca is dangerous. If I took him home tonight, I wouldn't ever be able to forget him; I wouldn't be able to cope. His eyes alone will haunt me. I just know it.

"Stop trying to make me feel better, he's way out of my league, plus he's cocky as hell!" I scoff to myself, I need a drink. Pushing my way through the crowds I march over to the bar. Leaning against the cold, wet surface I wait for my turn.

"Hello, sorry to bother you, but can I buy you a drink?" A voice confident and unfamiliar startles me slightly. I'm slightly taken back but impressed, I've never been approached so quickly at a bar and offered a drink.

"Of course you can, I won't turn that down." I smile at him, as long as I can see the drink being made and given straight to me. I move to the right so he can slide in next to me, getting a closer look at him. His facial structure strong but not too masculine, dark brown eyes and chocolate hair, his face almost too sweet.

"What can I get you?" The bartender leans in to us.

"Yeah, can I have a double vodka and coke and?" He looks towards me as I soon realize I never gave him an order.

"Oh, make that two." I answer him quickly; He turns back to the bartender and gives him the order. I turn back around and watch the dance floor, all the sweaty bodies. I can just about pick out my girls in the centre of the room.

"Who are you here with?" He asks me. I face back towards the bar, I don't want to look like I'm ignoring him.

"My girls, you?" I look up into his dark, kind eyes. His lips already smiling at me.