29

Rose

Daniel called me late last night, asking if I wanted to go spend the day with him and mum, I was hesitant. Especially after the nightmare I had Friday night. After a lot of persuasion on Dan's part I decided I might as well see mum. I'm getting picked up exactly in one hour, but I'm still wrapped up in Luca's warm body, our legs intertwined as I lay on his chest.

"I really need to get going, if Dan sees me here, he will freak." Luca sits up on his elbows, hair falling over his eyes as he looks at the time on his phone.

"I don't want to go." I sigh rolling onto my back.

Leaning down he kisses me quickly before standing up, I watch his toned naked body walk over to his bag on the floor.
"What are you doing today?" I ask, climbing out of bed myself and rushing over to my underwear drawer.

"I'm seeing Nick, need to have some words with him about everything." His body appearing behind me as I slip into my pink knickers, his hands wrap around my waist tugging me close to him.

"Good luck with that, for a best mate he's a snake." I tell him honestly; his body vibrates from behind me.

"That is exactly why I'm seeing him." He laughs from behind me. I get out of his strong grip ready to dress myself for the day. Wearing my black skinny jeans, a mustard yellow top and black vans. I decide on straightening my hair and applying my usual amount of makeup, Luca sits on the bed behind me. His eyes linger on his phone before switching to me, so on.

"I need to get going baby." I turn to face him, his bag on his shoulder as he stands by my bedroom door. I walk over to him kissing him hard, secretly not wanting to let him go.

"Let me know when you're home beautiful." Pecking me one last time before opening my bedroom door and walking out.

I go back to my bedroom mirror after hearing the front door close behind him, my skin looking brighter than usual and my cheeks aching with the constant smile I feel on my face. I'm happy, surprisingly happy.

"Why do you look so cheerful?" My brother asks me.

"Is a girl not allowed to smile?" I raise an eyebrow, I look out the passenger side window hoping he doesn't start questioning me more. There is only so much I can hide from him, I hate it.

"It's just nice I guess." He replies, I look back at him. His blue eyes glistening in the bright daylight, his hair flopping over his face.

"You really need a haircut." I reach over ruffling it slightly, he slaps my hand away before placing both hands back on the wheel.

Finally parking into mums drive way I watch as she opens the front door, arms wide open as I run up to her. Smelling so familiar I squeeze her tighter, she lets go and wraps her arms around Daniel's waist.

"Hope you're both hungry, I'm making scrambled eggs." She beams at us both, I nod my head in excitement. My mums' eggs are heavenly and anyone who has eaten them will agree. Stepping inside the large Victorian house, I always wonder if this even feels like home to her anymore. She moved here at the age of twenty-five and gave birth to Daniel in the upstairs bedroom. Her marriage fell apart, she married Wayne one year later. Wayne's disgusting actions also happened in this home, in almost every room. It's also the same home that she found out the news her daughter and ex-husband had been involved in a car accident. Her first love dead instantly. How can she be happy here?

"You okay sweetheart?" I'm knocked out of my thoughts, her bright blue eyes concerned.

"Yeah just my thoughts rambling on as usual." I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood, she doesn't question it and she can probably read me like a book by now. We are similar in many ways.