4

Rose

The week days go by so slowly I'm adamant time is passing backwards, the clock ticks and ticks but I feel like I'm waiting forever. Only thirty seconds until I can leave the office for the weekend, all I want to do is snuggle up in bed, drink wine and smoke twenty cigarettes whilst watching Romeo & Juliet for the billionth time. Since seeing Theo and Lauren together Sunday I've been in hibernation, like the news of them being together isn't fresh, but the news of their engagement hurts just as much as it did the day, I caught them. Maybe even worse.

I'm growing less in love with him every single day, that's what kills me about loving Theo. I was once so madly in love with him, I know it never dies all at once but all I can do is watch as it finally fades. I know I need it, I need to fall out of love with him completely.
Stepping outside into the fresh air I take a deep breath and start walking, the best thing about working at Fallon Publishing House is that it's only a ten-minute walk from the apartment. I don't have to get on the tube or grab a taxi or drive in this hectic city. I'm ready to get out of my heels and slip on my fluffy socks.

"Hello Rose." I jump out of my skin as Luca appears next to me, Ray-ban sunglasses resting on his nose, a plain black t-shirt, skinny black jeans with black combat boots, he looks flawless. His arms bulging out of his t-shirt, beautiful inked artwork making him stand out like a sore thumb, but in the best way possible.

"Luca? What are you doing here?" I smile at him, trying to keep my calm. He doesn't say a word but carries on walking next to me. I watch every woman who walks past us give him the eye, or they raise an eyebrow as he moves through the crowd. Star struck by his beauty, his sex appeal is uncanny, he's every girl's fantasy but every parent's worst nightmare.

"I work just around the corner from here, you free this evening?" His face turns towards me, I hesitate trying to think of an excuse but nothing comes out of my stupid mouth. What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I speak to this boy, he's rude, arrogant but holy hell he looks like sex, heart pounding, addictive, hot sex.

"Great, let's go grab a drink." His lips form a smile that stops my heart in a second, pearly white teeth show as he clasps hold of my hand and pulls me faster down the path.
Walking into a bar I've never seen before we take a seat at a table, neon blue lights light up the modern and sleek room. People in suits sit around after a long hard day at work, I pick up the menu and decide on a glass of Pinot Grigio. "What you having?" I point to the menu because I'm still unable to bloody speak, he nods and walks up to the bar. God his bum looks good, what is wrong with me? He is only a boy. I've spoken too many of them before. I pep talk myself for a few more minutes before he's back at the table with our drinks.

"Thank you." I take my glass from his big tattooed hand, taking a sip to calm myself down. Oh, this is what I definitely needed after this week.

"What's the deal with you Rose?" I shoot up in his direction, his eyes curious and bright.

"What do you mean?" I ask, unable to understand where he's getting at.

"On Sunday I watched you break down, acting vulnerable and weak to some posh twat and his girlfriend, what was that about?" His lips smirking but his eyes serious. My throat instantly dry, I pick up the glass taking two big gulps before placing it back on the table.

"I prefer the sensitive approach, being called weak and vulnerable isn't something I like being reminded off." I growl, giving him a stern face.

"Yeah, you're right I'm sorry, what happened to you? They really seemed to have a massive impact on you." His voice now gentle and welcoming. I take a deep breath, playing with my thumbs, refusing to look at his gorgeous face.