The Cleaner's Daughter- Prologue

People are always talking about Assassins and a Hit man, wondering how one could just kill someone for no reason at all. Of course money is always involved or why else would they do it. Well ok some love it just for the thrill and the high they might get off of it, who really knows the real reasons why.

Then there are the cleaners, no one really every talks about them. The cleaners come in after the assassin and clean up the mess. They get rid of all evidence, the bodies, blood, fingerprints and even witnesses if they have too. They usually get hired by whoever puts out the contract to begin with and come in after the job is done so rarely do they ever bump into each other.

I on the other hand had a very normal childhood, well up until I was seven. That is when it all went down and my life changed drastically. That is the year that our house was broken into and I will never forget that night.

May, 19th 2004, I was playing in the family room like I do every night, when my mother picked me up into her arms and hurriedly carried me to her closet in her bedroom. There in the closet was another hidden room, a safe room. She hugged me and then looked right into my hazel eyes and told me to stay there and don't dare come out unless she comes after me. She stands up to leave but stops at the door and quickly turns back around. Her eyes were already filled with tears. She squated back down and told me that if she doesn't come back that he will come get me but she never said who he was. Well she never came back.

I was found by a man known as the Cleaner; his name was Zane. When he saw me he forced me to come out into the open and he gave me a good look over. I assumed this was the man that she said would come for me. I didn't know then that he should have disposed of my body too, but he didn't.

"There is something about you kid, come on, you can live with your Uncle Zane." I remember looking up at him startled because I had never heard of him before and no he wasn't my uncle. As a matter of fact I have never seen this man before. I never understood why he was trying to be so nice considering what he does for a living.

I remember seeing all the blood; I knew that it was her blood, my mother's but I didn't say anything. And the next thing I know he is handing me a mop and asking me to clean it up.

"First time for everything kid, clean up this mess and let me know when it is all done," he ordered with this husky rattled voice.

I never said a word and I did what he told me to do. I honestly felt a little scared of him wondering if what happened to my beloved parents if the same would happen to me. So yes, I cleaned up my mother's blood. That was my first job as the Cleaner's daughter.

I will say Zane has taken good care of me for the past fourteen years. My life is not normal and I'm sure it never will be. I mean who in this world can live with themselves say in and day out with the work that we do.

From the first day he took me in, he trained me to be the best of the best. I didn't go to public school instead he hired someone to come in and teach me all the Biology, Chemistry, Math and whatever else I needed to know for my education. If I wasn't learning that I was too busy exercising and doing massive training to protect myself.

Every day I spent an hour working out, and then an hour of Karate, Judo, Kickboxing, Krav Maga, Parkour, or mixed martial arts. Some days I had classes on how to use weapons. Really it's whatever mood he was in and that's what I did. I knew better to not question anything.

So there is no need for a social life. I just don't have time in the day to make friends or lovers for that matter and besides how am I suppose to explain what I do for a living. How to you tell someone you see dead bodies on a monthly basis and not only see them but dispose of them and sometimes in the most horrific way.

In the past fourteen years, since that very first day I cleaned up my mother's blood, that is what I have been doing. I help Zane clean up at every job site. I also recently just finished getting my license to be a Mortician. Why you ask, because now we can get rid of the bodies more easily, no questions asked...So welcome to my world.

_________________________________________

Author's Note:

I hope everyone enjoys the story, this is something different than I normally write about.

Please do not take any of my characters or my story line. I was wanting to do the Assassins Daughter but didn't realize there were so many, so I'm writing about the Cleaner.

Of course I am always open to suggestions and/or comments so please feel free to leave me comments and messages. I will try my best to respond to them. Also I will try to update at least once a week.