Taking her in

Zane POV:

I don't know what made me take her in years ago. That look on her face said it all I guess. Usually if I ever find anyone left behind I finish them off. Everyone always cries and begs for their life but not her. She just stood there looking at me in a sense of wonder. She was not scared of me. When I asked her to clean up the blood she done it with no hesitation. I knew she had known that the blood was from her mother and she didn't even whimper.

So I took her in and trained her as if she was my daughter. I've only been close to one person in my life but having a career like mine it's just impossible to have a real family. I made sure she was well trained so she will always be able to defend for herself in any circumstance.

I love every part of her; she is strong and fearless. Over the years I have occupied her so much that she doesn't have time to make friends. There are a lot of cruel people out there in this world and she doesn't need to get heart broken by anyone especially a jerk. I have a feeling that if she ever has those types of feeling for anyone she might not be able to do her job the way it should be done.

She begged me to let her go out; I wanted to say no but damn she is twenty-one today and I know I can't keep her locked away from the life around her. I know I'm going to have to let her go out or else she may leave me forever and I need her more than anything. So I agreed as long as Atticus went with her to make sure she would be alright.

When she showed up at the office complex and I saw her, yes it pissed me off. Mainly because she was stumbling everywhere but also because she was wearing that damn dress that showed off every curve of her body. She just doesn't understand that there are plenty of guys out there that would take advantage of her. I know she is trained. I know she can take care of herself and could easily kill someone but I don't want her to ever be in that situation.

"Seriously Atticus take her to the damn car, I will deal with her later."

When he returns, I'm still really pissed off at him. "What the hell, I said a drink or two. How many did she have?"

"She had two and then some guy got her a drink."

"Three drinks wouldn't make her that sick. Some guy got her one, do you think he put something in it?"

"I didn't see him if he did. I was right there and nothing happened between the two of them."

"Yeah well she is fucking plastered."

"I see that, I'm sorry."

We finish the job and I get to the car; she is passed out in the back. I open the door and in one hand I have my taser and I zap her one time on low voltage. She startles awake.

"What the hell!" She almost yells.

"Get up."

I watch as she sits up and scoots over for me to slide in beside her. I look over at her and she is falling asleep so I zap her again.

She asks me nicely, "Can you please stop."

"Don't fall asleep till we get home then."

Every so often I look over at her and she is forcing herself to stay awake. Good girl. I know three drinks did not make her act this way. Whoever the guy is, I want to find him.

When we get to the house she can barely walk. Atticus pulls up right behind us.

"Atticus can you carry her to her room."

"Yes sir."

Another reason why I like Atticus, he does whatever I say. While he does that, I go pour myself a drink from the bar.

The next morning I go to her room and flick the light on. "Time to get up."

She moans and I know she probably feels like shit but she is getting up anyway.

"It's so early." She groans in a protest.

"Its seven, Marcus will be here soon, so get up." Marcus is her trainer and has been training her since day one.

She groans again, but I know she will be down in a few. So I leave and let her get dressed.

I'm sitting at table eating breakfast when she walks in. She is wearing her black spandex Capri with a t-shirt and her hair is wet from the shower.

"Drink that it will make you feel better."

"What is it?"

"Don't worry about it just drink it."

And she does without a second thought. One thing I love about her, she always does what I tell her to do.

When Marcus shows up, I talk with him before they work out.

"She had a rough night, so don't be easy on her got it."

"Yes sir."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry chapter was a little short this time.