Moving Out

Mekhi POV:

She takes me back to my place so we can pack some of my stuff and get my car. We are, or I should say she is driving her dad's Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve...it's really nice truck. She said this way we have more space to put my things and not have to make another trip. Honestly all I need is a few things she has everything, like a bed you know that's all I really need.

We get to my place and we go up the elevator, I reach for her hand and pull her closer to me. "Hey what are you thinking about you seem to be a million miles away?"

"Nothing really...well thinking about you, me, our parents, I don't know."

I kiss her hoping to get her mind off of things. The door opens and we are still touching each other. I just can't seem to keep my hands off of her.

We came here to pack but instead I am dragging her to the sofa and pulling off her top and then her bra. God I just want her. I am so into her that I don't hear anyone coming in.

There is a low grunt and I look past her to see my parents standing in the entryway.

"Oh shit." I look at her and then back at them. I grab her shirt. "Here put this back on."

"What?" she says the same time she looks over her shoulder to see what I am looking at? Her face goes a little red from embarrassment but then goes almost ghostly white as if she is about to pass out. I pick her up and she stands beside me.

My mother comes over and hugs her on the spot. Scarlett looks back at me in confusion but let's her hug her without pulling away.

"My god I can't believe it's really you. I thought the other day at the party but I blocked it out of my mind. You look so much like her," says my mom, referring her to her mother.

"Mom stop," I tell her.

"I'm just saying you are a spitting image of her. I loved your mom she was my best friend you know, oh how I miss her."

My dad looks at her. "Bethany we know she looks just like her mom you don't have to keep bringing it up." He looks at Scarlett for a quick second. Yeah I see it in his eyes he is having a hard time dealing with this. I guess he never told my mom what he did to her best friend and now I bet he is wondering if Scarlett is going to say something. But she won't; I know she won't.

"So I hear you are moving in with Scarlett," says my dad.

"Well we come up with it thinking it would be better for her. It's not like their place isn't big enough."

She glares at me for that comment and rolls her eyes but it's true their house is like three times bigger than my parents place.

"Can we help you pack?" ask my mom.

I want to tell her we got it all under control but I know my parents and they're not going to leave that easily.

"Actually I thought about just my things; you know personal stuff the rest can stay here."

"Why do you want to keep it all here if you are moving out?"

"Well, I thought in a few years Meagan will be ready to leave to be on her own and she can move in here and at least I know she will be safe living here."

My mom comes up to me and touches my cheek. "You're such a good brother."

I let them help me with a few things and we all load up the truck.

"Damn this is nice?" says my dad.

"It's her dad's; he is letting us use it to move."

He looks at Scarlett. "Your dad has good taste."

But she doesn't reply back to him and I can tell it's taking everything in her not to talk to him.

I walk over to her and turn to my parents. "Guys can you give us a minute."

"Sure." They both say at the same time. They get in their car to wait on us to leave.

"Hey babe are you ok?" I ask and she looks down. I grab her chin to make her look back up at me. "I'm sorry I didn't know they were coming over. I know how you feel about my dad but there is nothing I can do about it."

She attempts to smile. "I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me Scarlett."

"What do you want me to say Mekhi. I just...I can't breathe when he is around me." She pushes me away from her. "Let's just go."

She opens the truck door and climbs in as I reach over and kiss her. I shut the door and go get in my car as I look back in the mirror I can see where she wipes away a tear. How do I fix this; I hate seeing her upset?

She backs the truck out and leaves and we follow her.