I will always want you

Mekhi POV:

We get back to the hospital after stopping by the house to take a quick shower and a change of clothes.

My mom and Meagan leave and I sit down to hold Scarlett's hand. "We killed the bastard babe we killed him he will never hurt you again."

She doesn't move and as I sit there beside her I dose off.

Scarlett POV:

My body feels so sore. I can barely move. I try to open my eyes but it is so bright up in here so I keep them closed. My head is throbbing like I have a massive hang over and I don't even remember drinking. My mouth is so dry and I start coughing.

I feel someone's hand tighten over mine and I know it is him. I know his touch against my skin; I don't even have to look to know that it is him.

I hear a voice and at first it sounds like mumbling but then it clears. "Babe are you awake? Scarlett I'm here, wake up, look at me." He begs.

I try to open my eyes slowly and the light hurts my head. "It's too bright."

He reaches over and hits a switch and the light goes out and now it is dim only the sun light comes in through the window.

"Is that better?" he asks.

I shake my head yes. "Sorry my mouth is so dry."

He grabs the cup on the table that already has ice water and a straw in it. He holds it up to my lips so that I can take a sip.

"Thank god you are awake; I've missed you." He reaches up and kisses me on the lips.

"What happened?"

"You don't remember you were at the lake?"

I lay there and try to think. Yes I was at the lake with Rebel. "Where is Rebel; is he alright?"

"Yes he is fine and he is at home."

"I remember there was so much blood. I tried to stop it but there was so much."

He reaches for my hand again. "You are safe now."

I try to sit up but the pain is so unreal. "I'm so sore; how bad is it?"

"Depends on how you look at it you should be up and walking in no time with therapy."

I hear the door swing open and Zane comes walking in when he sees me he has the biggest smile on his face.

"My girl you're awake." He comes closer over and kisses me on the forehead.

"Hi..guess I really scared you this time, sorry. Thanks for coming to save me."

"Actually when we got there this guy jumps out of the moving car and runs to you. He picks you up before I can make it down all the way to you he is already running back to the car."

I look at Mekhi and smile. Then back at Zane. "Well thanks to the both of you."

Zane looks over at Mekhi giving him a look and I glance to see his reaction and he just shakes his head. There is something that they are not telling me I can see it on their faces.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Nothing babe," says Mekhi and his hand grips tighter on mine.

"Don't make me get up out of this bed; tell me I need to know dammit."

"Scarlett you were shot," says Zane.

"And is that it." I look at Mekhi and back at Zane. "Tell me the truth and don't sugar coat it."

Zane reaches out for my other hand and squeezes it. He looks at Mekhi. I look at Mekhi and his eyes are teary.

"I can handle it, tell me."

"Sweetheart the bullet fucked up a lot of shit in your lower abdomen. The doctors were able to save you but they had to do a full hysterectomy."

"Oh!" I let that sink in, then realizing that meant that I would never be able to have kids. I don't know how to take the news. I never really thought about having kids well not until I met Mekhi. I just thought in my line of work I would never be able to bring a child into that. I look over at Mekhi and he has a stray tear falling down the side of his cheek.

"Hey it's alright." I look over at Zane. "Can you give us some time?"

"Yeah sure." He kisses me again and walks out the door shutting it behind him.

I motion for Mekhi to come sit on the bed next to me. He comes over and gets in and snuggles next to me.

"It's going to be alright you know; we will be ok."

He kisses me. "I know, it's just I wanted to have a baby with you. I wanted little Scarlett's running around the house."

"Awe seriously you really wanted that?" I kiss him.

"Yes Scarlett I want you. I have wanted you since the day I laid eyes on you. I want all of you. Marry me Scarlett."

I start crying. "You still want to marry me even though I will never be able to give you children; you want me."

"Hell yeah I want to marry you; say yes."

"Yes I will marry you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you have enjoyed the story just as much as I have. Thanks for taking the time out to read The Cleaner's Daughter.

Please look out for the second book. I never planned on writing a second part however my mind will not let go of Scarlett and Mekhi and so I am in the process of writing the second part.

If you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to let me know. Once again thanks for reading.

***If you loved the story...please share with others....and check out the 2nd book. The Cleaner's Daughter and The Assassin's Son, where it gets more steamy with Scarlett and Mekhi...not to mention more killing.