A hard workout

Scarlett POV:

I finish off the drink and eat the dry toast. He says it will help and I know he is probably right. When I'm done I go down to the workout room that is in our house. Marcus is already standing there waiting for me.

"Good morning Scar, heard you had a hard night."

"Good morning." I say while shaking my head yes.

"Well I hope you are ready we have a hard work out planned for today."

I give him a half smile, "I would rather be in bed sleeping."

"Well that's not happening, so let's get started. How about a few warm up stretches."

I start to stretch then when I'm done I do sit ups and then pushups and jumping jacks one hundred of each. I feel like I'm about to puke but I tell myself not to.

Next we work on Krav Maga. It's not like I don't know how to defend myself but Marcus takes me down in two seconds and when I stand back up he takes me down again. My head is throbbing and suddenly I'm running to the side of the mat to puke in the trash can.

"You good, come on were not done."

"Yes we are; I'm done Marcus." I'm practically begging to be done for the day.

His rough dominate voice comes from across the room, "You're not done, get up." Zane is staring at me.

So I get back up on my feet and continue to fight for the next hour. I know if I argue it will make things worse. Zane is standing off to the side watching, waiting to make sure I really had enough.

"That's good, thanks Marcus."

"Yes sir." Marcus says and then looks down at me. He holds his hand out for me to grab to pull me up.

"Way to go kid, damn you're a tough little cookie."

"Thanks."

As Marcus leaves the room, I turn to Zane. "I'm really sorry about last night. I didn't think I had that many to drink but I guess I did."

"I know, don't let it happen again."

"Yes sir."

"So I assume you had fun."

"It was alright I guess." I didn't lie, I did have fun.

"I heard a guy bought you a drink."

"Yes, but nothing happened."

"I know."

"Thanks for letting me go, it meant a lot to me."

"You're welcome." He looks at his watch. "It's going on ten, how about you take Rebel out for your two mile run and when you get back do a few laps in the pool and a shower; lunch should be ready by then.

I walk out of the house and put a leash on Rebel so he can run with me. He is like my guard dog; no one would even attempt to mess with me when he is around me. Rebel is a German Shepherd; we have had him since he was a pup.

We go for our two mile run and when I return I let him go freely in the back yard. I go to the pool house and put on my swimsuit and jump in the pool. I swim several laps before noticing Atticus sitting at one of the tables.

"Hey." I come up out of the water just enough for him to see my face. Then I swim over to the steps and get out, dripping wet.

"Hey, Zane said its time to eat so finish up here." He hands me a towel.

"Thanks and thanks for being there last night."

"No problem, that what I'm here for."

---------------------------------------------------------

I posted another chapter back to back because this one is also short. Sorry no blood and excitement in this chapter, I promise next chapter will....

Thanks for taking your time to read my story and hope you are like it.