Introducing her to my dad- Draven Adler

Mekhi POV:

I love showing her off to my family. I love seeing their expressions on their faces because none of them believe I actually have a girl and she is freaking beautiful. I really like her and hoping to ask her soon to be a part of my family. I know we haven't known each other that long but I know she is the one for me.

Meagan seems to like her a lot. So does the rest of the family. I can't wait for my dad to meet her and get his approval on her. He has been nagging me for years that I need to find someone. However he knows how hard it is to find that one person who will accept what we do for a living is like one in a billion girls.

We are out by the pool and I feel his hand on my shoulder and he reaches down to shake my hand. He is staring at her from head to toe and then back up, but he only sees the side view of her face from how she is standing. I introduce my father to her and when I say her name she turns but all of a sudden her complexion turns to a ghostly white. I can tell that she is trying to find a way to escape. She barely shook his hand and said that she was not feeling well. But I know she was feeling alright a second ago so it has to be something about my father.

I can't let her go with no explanation, so I follow her to the front door and then out to her car. We get into an argument and all I can think of is what the hell just happened.

Finally she blurts out that apparently my dad was hired to kill her dad and she seen it all go down. Damn we never leave anyone behind and he knows that. It's the way he trained me my whole life not to ever ever leave anyone behind, what the hell.

I'm grateful that he did though or else I would not have her and believe me I want her more than anything. However I watch her leave and I don't know if I will ever get her back.

After the car is completely out of sight I go back into the house pissed off. My father watches as I walk in and comes over to me.

"Can I talk to you for a minute son?" He holds his hand out for me to follow him into his office.

"Why?" I asked him but I follow him anyway. He shuts the door behind us so that it is only the two of us in the room.

"About that girl, she knows me doesn't she?"

"Yeah kind of."

"How does she know me?"

"Apparently you killed her parents; she seen you. Did you not know she was home; I mean what the hell you always said never leave anyone behind."

"What was her name again?"

"Scarlett."

"Scarlett what?"

"Delaney, Scarlett Delaney. Do you remember her parents?"

"Delaney..." He is trying to think back about it. Then he says, "Oh yeah I think I do remember her father was Nathan Delaney, I don't know her mother's name."

"Well she remembered you in a freaking second. Dammit she was so pissed off, like really pissed."

"I'm sorry Mekhi; I don't know what to say."

"Dad I really like her, like really like her."

"Then go after her."

"She is way too pissed off right now; I think I need to just let her cool off."

"I think she will still be pissed off later. So how did you guys meet anyway?"

"She comes to one of my clubs to dance and to have fun and usually always by herself. I really didn't notice her until the other night she came to the restaurant with the Cleaner to clean up after that shit went down."

"So she is a cleaner?"

"Yes she is and actually she is the Cleaner's Daughter."

"Really now...are you sure you want to mess with her. If she is Zane's daughter you better watch what you do with her; he will kill anyone over her believe me I know him well."

"He will just have to kill me then because I love her."

He walks over and pours himself a drink and me one as well and he turns to hand me the glass. "Son what have you gotten yourself into?"

"Her....I just want her." I take a sip from the glass. "You know he is the one that found her that night. Actually it's his job to finish her off but he didn't do it."

My father laughs at that. "Well I guess he wanted her for something or else he would have. He choose to keep her. Uhm!"

"Honestly I am glad that he did or else we would have never met." I finish off the glass and set it back down on the bar in his office and then I walk out leaving my dad standing there.