With Mekhi- Never be the same

Song: Never be the same by Camila Cabello- I think of this song when she wakes up the next morning to feed him breakfast and they make out again.

Scarlett's POV:

I didn't plan to come back to his place even though I really, really wanted him. I've missed him. Missed the way that his arms hold me so close. Miss the way his lips are so soft but also so needy against mine.

I totally forgot all about the bruises from a week ago, but they are healing and almost gone now. I had hoped he just left the lights off but I should have known better because he is the type of guy who likes to see what he is getting.

So when he turned around and I seen his smile falter I knew then I was going to have to explain. Damn I seen it in his eyes and it wasn't just hurt but truly pissed off that I had been hurt. I can tell he is trying to say something but I talk before he does.

"It's no big deal; I'm fine."

He comes over closer to the bed but he continues to stare at me from head to toe as if maybe even counting the bruises.

"Hey, I'm alright." I reach out for his hand.

"The hell you are. Did he do this to you, I will kill the bastard." Now he sounds really pissed.

"Mekhi I asked for it, besides it's just a few bruises I have had way worse."

"I don't give a fuck what happened or who asked for what. I'm pissed because this here is mine and no one hurts what is mine."

Did he just say mine...So I belong to him? If he thinks he can tell me what to do he is so wrong, however I do like the sound of belonging to him.

So I thought if we were going to get to have each other, I needed to explain to him what happened.

"Apparently Zane was in love with my mom. They were together and she got pregnant but she left him because she couldn't bare raising a baby in his world. Anyway she left and got married then had me. The guy who I thought was my dad owed a lot of money to someone; can you guess who that was?"

"Let me guess Zane."

"Yep, so he talks to your dad because by the way they are friends, about he hit. However it was just supposed to be Nathan but my mom got in the way and seen your dad and he shot her too. It's a bunch of fucked up shit. Your dad didn't know about me, but Zane knew all about me. He knew where she would hide me."

"You didn't know him at the time so why did you just go with him?"

"You want to know why...because my mom told me that night is she didn't come back that a man would be there for me and to go with him. She told me to do whatever he told me to do and that he wouldn't hurt me."

"So she knew that he would come."

"Yeah, fucked up right?"

"So why didn't you just tell me this babe." He sits on the bed and looks into my eyes.

"Well I would have however after the fight I took off with Rebel and ended up at the lake. I was there all night. I remember waking up the next morning but I don't know what happened it was like I was there but wasn't. I don't know if it was because I had not eaten anything for so long or the heat of the sun or hell finding out the truth about my life. All I remember is waking up in my bed. Zane said I had been out for over two days. He even called the doctor to come and give me an IV to get fluids into my system."

"He is still a prick."

"And he is my dad, my real dad. I mean yeah I'm pissed at him for what he did and a part of me may never forgive him but I don't hate him."