Racing with Atticus

Scarlett POV:

The next morning I put on a pair of spandex with PINK written down the one leg. I put on a matching PINK shirt along with my Converses. I sit down and drink my smoothie and grab a waffle, pouring just enough syrup on it for taste.

Then I go to the workout room to find Marcus already waiting for me. Today we do warm ups and then he has me doing Parkour today. Parkour is a training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle course; we have one in the back yard. So in the course you have to vault obstacles, jump, roll, run and climb walls...kind of like Ninja Warrior.

Zane and Atticus came out to watch but then Atticus joins in. He works out at times to stay in shape. I know Zane also works out but he usually does one on one with Marcus while I am out running with Rebel.

"I bet I could beat you." Atticus is smiling ear to ear in my direction.

"Really now, game on." I smirk back at him.

Zane and Marcus watch as we stand at the beginning of the course. Marcus blows his whistle and we both take off down the course. For the most part we are neck and neck beside each other. We climb over a wall, swing on ropes, jump obstacles and so on. He got in a hurry and slipped on the balance beam right into the mud. I don't look back, I kept on running. I completed the course in less than ten minutes.

When Atticus stands beside me huffing just a little, I burst out laughing. "Looks like you could use a shower." He is covered head to toe in mud.

"Yeah, yeah." He says as he wipes his hands on my arm.

"Ohhh, like I care if I get dirty really grow up Atticus."

Then he looks at Zane and smiles, he turns back around to face me and within seconds picks me up and slings me over his shoulders.

"Put me down Atticus, you sore loser!" I shriek.

And he does right in the freaking mud.

"You're fucking kidding me, seriously!"

He laughs then, "Looks like we both need a bath." Then walks off.

I go into the pool room and jump in the shower with my clothes on at first trying to get most of the mud off. I take my clothes off and finish up taking a shower. Then I put on a swim suit and run out jumping in the pool. I do a few laps and then get out.

"You're not running today?" Zane ask.

"Wasn't planning on it not after having to get all the mud out of my hair."

He laughs and sits down at the table next to the pool. I sit over beside him in the lounge chair to soak up some sun. I watch as he is doing something on his phone. Then I get the courage to ask him something.

"What's it like to be in love?"

"It's hard to explain, it's been a long time since I had those feeling, why you ask?"

"I don't know, I just want to feel loved, that's all."

"I love you." He winks at me.

"Zane it's not the same, I want to be loved, like to have someone hold my hand, go on long walks, cuddle, kiss, be there for me when I'm sad or when I'm happy you know."

"God you sound so much like your mother." He starts playing with the phone again.

I smile a little. "Do I; do I sound like her?"

"Yes, she wanted the same things in life, just to have someone by her side." He tries to avoid eye contact with me. Then changes the subject. "I got to go take care of a few things; I should be back in a few hours alright."

"Ok."

He gets up and comes over to me and kisses me on the forehead and goes back into the house. I stay out letting the sun dry and warm me up for another thirty minutes before running upstairs to get dressed.

__________________________________________

Sorry a little short....I will try to post another chapter. Hope you are enjoying the story. I rarely ask but if you are liking it please vote and I would love to hear any comments. Thanks!