Darkness surrounds me

Song: Beauty from Pain by Superchick

Scarlett's POV:

I'm at the lake of course you should have known. This is my favorite spot in the world. I feel like I can actually think out here.

I think I am alone but someone comes up behind me. "Mind if I sit down with you?"

"Not to be rude, but I would rather be alone."

Apparently he doesn't take no for an answer. "So what is your dog's name?"

"Rebel."

"Cool name, so what is your name?"

"Why would I tell a stranger my name?"

"I was just curious who I was talking too, damn girl you don't have to be so rude."

"Fine, sorry it's just been a long freaking day. Hi I'm Scarlett." I let Rebel lay on my lap and pet him to calm down.

"Hi, I'm Dameion." He holds out his hand for me to take a hold of it.

"Hi nice to meet you." I shake his hand.

"So what brings you way out here this late at night?"

"Just need to clear my head." I really don't pay much attention to him hoping that he will get the picture and leave but for some reason that is not happening.

"I can help you with that." He smiles at me.

"I doubt it but thanks anyway." I try to smile back.

"Scarlett uh, that's a pretty name. You don't happen to know a guy named Zane do you?"

Now I'm on high alert, my senses are telling me to get the fuck out of there something is not right. No one ever connects me to Zane.

I look over at him. "No sorry I don't know anyone named Zane." I go to stand up pulling Rebel by my side.

"Hey where are you going?" He stands up and walks behind me.

"Sorry it's getting late and I need to be getting Rebel home."

The next thing I know I'm on the ground blood is pouring out of my body. I'm holding my stomach and I look around for the guy but he is nowhere to be seen. Shit there is so much blood. I pull out my phone and hit redial on the first number and it happens to be Zane.

He answers on the first ring. "When are you coming home?" I hear the attitude in his voice but I ignore it.

"I...I'm shit shit shit..." I'm breathing loudly in the phone. "It's so hard to breathe..."

I hear him yelling he knows something is wrong. "Scarlett what's wrong...I'm coming baby, I'm coming."

I drop the phone next to me. I'm holding my stomach as hard as I can hoping to stop the blood from escaping. I lay back and look up at the stars until blackness consumes me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I left you guys hanging...and I had to do this to her. I love Scarlett but we all know that when everything seems to be going good something bad always seems to happen.