The man in the pool

Scarlett POV:

Every day is practically the same. I wake up, workout, study and workout. Some days I go out shopping but only for like an hour or two but most days I stay home. I started my own business, DeLaney's Cremation Services. So a few days out of the week I'm working and then I'm waiting on phone calls to clean with Zane.

It's been a week now and its two a.m. on a Saturday morning. We are at someone's house. Whoever shot him did it in the damn pool. More work for us. The guy was filthy rich, no telling who he pissed off.

We drain the pool and Atticus and Zane come into the almost waterless pool and put the man on a plastic bag. There is no time to waste and Zane is bending over the guy with a knife. He cuts into his stomach, blood oozes out of his body. He cuts as if he is a master at it and actually he is he has been doing this for years now. He cuts with precision, cutting out his heart and wrapping it in a Ziploc bag and sitting it in the cooler with ice. He proceeds to take a few of the other organs. When he is done he takes the saw and starts cutting off limb by limb and placing it in a black garbage bag. This just makes it a little easier to carry and less room that it takes up.

A few years ago, Zane got into the black-market and now he sales human organs on this website. You would be shocked to know how much people would pay for a kidney or a heart not to mention the other organs. It's a sick world out there, especially if you are one of those that have oodles of money.

So just to give you an idea, on the black-market a pair of eyes is worth two-thousand dollars. A heart goes for around two-hundred thousand, a liver one hundred and sixty thousand, a freaking kidney can run around two hundred and seventy thousand dollars and sometimes we will drain the blood and it will run around four hundred for just a pint, that's freaking crazy. So I guess if you figure it all out and he has been doing this for years you could say we are freaking filthy rich.

When he is finished taking the parts that he wants, we throw everything else into a black plastic garbage bag. I will take the bag and cremate all of it. Zane loads his van up with the coolers containing the organs. He stores them in an off location underground so no one would ever be able to find it, no matter how hard they try. Of course he does have a lot of people on his side and everyone knows not to mess with him.

Atticus and I finish cleaning the pool and it's already going on six in the morning. We were told someone may show up around eight to clean the house and the grounds keepers, so we have to be leaving. Before Zane left he called another acquaintance to come and fill the pool back up. If anyone asks they are cleaning out the pool.

I'm so freaking tired, but I still have to cremate the body. By nine, I'm finally home and passed out on my bed. I sleep four hours before Zane sent Janice in to wake me up. Oh she is our housekeeper.

"Miss Scarlett, Zane sent me to wake you up." She says in such a sweet voice.

I roll over and mumble, "I'm getting up, I am....thank you."

She walks out the room while I put on a pair of jean shorts, they do not show my cheeks because he would have a fit. I then find a white tank top and put in on with my flip-flops. Then I head down to the dining room, because lunch is already being served. I love our cooks. We have two and they usually fix everything that I like. When I get there, Zane and Atticus are already sitting at the table eating.

"Good afternoon Scar," says Atticus.

Zane just nods his head as usual.

"Good afternoon to you too." I look over at Zane. "So anything going on tonight," I ask him.

"Not that I know of, why do you ask?" Zane puts down his glass and glances my way.

"Well if we don't have any work to do, would it be possible for me to go out tonight." I really hate that I have to ask permission to go out, for crying out loud I'm freaking twenty-one. But if you knew him like I know him you would know that you better ask.

"I would rather you stay home, but I know you will find away sooner or later and whether I want you to go or not." He looks over at Atticus. "Just make sure she gets to wherever safely and back home at a reasonable time."

"Yes sir."

"Does he have to go, I mean not to be rude or anything but I could take him down if I really wanted to. I think I can take care of myself." I look over smirking at Atticus.

"Oh really, now," Atticus laughs back at me.

"Well then let's go to the mat and see then. If he wins he has to take you." Zane smirks.

"And if he doesn't?"

"You can go by yourself." Zane finishes his drink and then stands up. "Well come on then."

We walk to the workout room; Atticus steps onto the mat and waits for me. I follow him and when I get next to him I have to look up at him. He is so much taller and bigger than me. I mean he is like a giant and I am a little mouse, that's how big he looks next to me. I put my hair up and get in my stance. We are doing mixed martial arts...no rules of course.

The first round I take him down, only because I jumped on his back and when he flipped me over I managed to trip him and he fell kind of hard.

The second time he pinned me down but only after we went around for a good ten minutes.

So we are tied and whoever wins the next round will be the winner. We stop for a second to catch our breath and I see Zane give Atticus a node. At first I thought he going to let me win, but I was so wrong. When I get back on the mat he doesn't even give me time to get in a stance and he literally picks me up with one hand and slams me down hard knocking the breath right out of me. I don't even move, oh the pain radiates through my body.

"Sorry Scar got orders," he whispers as he reaches down for my hand to help me up.

"No shit!" I glare at him.

After an hour workout with Marcus, I run up to take a shower and get ready for the night. And yes Atticus is tagging along.